Death of the Empire: Everywhere, Mall Cops Weep

The Segway is discontinued.

The Segway PT, popular with tourists and police officers but perhaps better known for its high-profile crashes, will be retired on July 15, the company said in a statement.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Death of the Empire: Everywhere, Mall Cops Weep

1. But how will the techbros play segway polo now???

2. spotthedog says:

Good riddance to the Segway, however the segue still thrives; nothing beats a bicycle!

3. Bruce388 says:

Chimpy McStagger proved Segways are tough to ride:

4. sos says:

No one wins with a headbutt.

5. artahzen says:

Damn! I hate to be the only one with something positive to say about them, but we rode Segways on Catalina Island and it was a great deal of fun! I think we used them somewhere in Hawaii too but that may be BS. Anyway, I am glad I had a chance to experience them before they go.

6. spotthedog says:

I’m sure they will become collectable, just like DeLoreans, probably a Segway enthusiasts website springing up at this moment, unless it already existed.

7. Martin Pollard says:

So much for my dream of cosplaying Paul Blart: Mall Cop. sigh

• MDavis says:

Wear red, forget the handles and stick on the wheels, and you could cos play Go Go.
      (OT – I like Wasabi;s cup. I kind of want one)

8. donnah says:

The hype that preceded the Segway was ridiculous. In the long run, the Segway was the sizzle without the steak.

9. Sirius Lunacy says:

I use a Segway at work. No, I don’t work at the mall and I’m not a cop. But I often have to be at two places at once on a very large work space. It can be very handy although I have put on a few pounds since we got it.