More, Please

Some villains are heroes.

I know that the Lincoln Project guys are not our friends, and I do believe at the first possible moment they will jump ship and support Republicans, but damn! This is gonna leave a mark oh his thin, orange hide:

I swear that they had this out the same night as the rally, but the time stamp says otherwise. But it still is freaking fast and in advertising, that’s amazing. Nothing is being focus-group tested, they are just going by instinct. And that instinct is to go for the throat, er, kick ’em in the balls, er, go low, go below the belt.

And I will add this rimshot to the post because I love kicking Lord Damp Nut when he is down:

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to More, Please

1. sos says:

I just hope we kick the Never Trumpers to the curb before they get a chance to kick the OPs* to the curb.

*Original Progressives

2. David Chop says:

Wasn’t it supposed to be Bloomberg backing anti-Trump attack adds? Am I the only one who remembers that?

3. spotthedog says:

Stompin’ that sorry ass and his gang for the next 4 months – gonna be fun!

From now on it’s going to cost you to see Trump live and in concert. You can fool me once, but you can’t get fooled again.

5. MDavis says:

May I suggest that we learn from this and apply the techniques from the Lincoln Project to our sorry Democratic attempts at electioneering?
    Right down to the name, The Lincoln Project. Lincoln was the last well known Republican progressive president. Who do we have? Wilson. That guy was a jerk – cats and birds would bow to him if they were the jerks that Tengrain claims they were.
    So, even as we laugh and applaud the Lincoln Project efforts, let’s take notes and use that superpower. Try attacking them and see what they do about it (possibly nothing is the best response?) Because this is important.
    Remember – “When they go low, we take notes and make sure we know that trick – and how to counter it.”

• MDavis says:

I forgot the “s”?!?! Rookie mistake. Tengrain, if it isn’t too much trouble could you please fix that for me> I curse the lack of editing or preview features in this commenting system!

[Tengrain was here! – I wasn’t sure what you wanted struck, so I unstruck –is too a word!– it all. ]

6. I have a half-a-thought (just now) that this is good…they can attack LDN viciously, and they’re not Dims which cockblocks the supine media’s pearl-clutching over gasp the incivility whenever the Dems do anything except an instinctive “don’t hit me* cringe.

Honestly, I think a thorough grounding in the game Diplomacy should be required for anyone who claims to be some sort of Dem strategist or “Progressive” candidate. It’s ALL about making alliances with scorpions.

No kumbayah there…any time you work WITH someone you know it’s only for as long as your goals coincide, and the shiv in the back could come at any time, and it’s better if it’s your hand on the shiv, not your back. It’s not nice, but they’ve been treating politics as war for forty years, it’s about time we did the same. (Wanna bet AOC is a freaking curtthroat Diplomacy player? I wouldn’t play her for money!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game) (rumored to be Henry the K’s favorite game)

We need to stop bringing nerf balls to gunfights. To quote the inestimable TBogg:

Every year in Happy Gumdrop Fairy-Tale Land all of the sprites and elves and woodland creatures gather together to pick the Rainbow Sunshine Queen. Everyone is there: the Lollipop Guild, the Star-Twinkle Toddlers, the Sparkly Unicorns, the Cookie Baking Apple-cheeked Grandmothers, the Fluffy Bunny Bund, the Rumbly-Tumbly Pupperoos, the Snowflake Princesses, the Baby Duckies All-In-A-Row, the Laughing Babies, and the Dykes on Bikes.

They have a big picnic with cupcakes and gumdrops and pudding pops, stopping only to cast their votes by throwing Magic Wishing Rocks into the Well of Laughter, Comity, and Good Intentions. Afterward they spend the rest of the night dancing and singing and waving glow sticks until dawn when they tumble sleepy-eyed into beds made of the purest and whitest goose down where they dream of angels and clouds of spun sugar.

You don’t live there.

Grow the fuck up

7. Dennis Cole says:

BDR – You’re constantly beating me too it. These here Linkin fellers, they’re smart enough to realize what a danger and a threat Dumpy poses, and their intentions of ousting him are admirable enough for even us to appreciate, but one thing I’ve noticed is that I haven’t seen any endorsements yet. There doesn’t seem to be any candidates who’ve been singled out yet, or at least been given some kind of “thumbs up” or other acknowledgement.
    To me, that indicates a modicum of acceptance, even without an offer of an olive branch. They are wise enough to understand that compromise and cooperation will necessarily be the hallmarks of the next two terms of office, for whoever is Prez., since they won’t be able to hoist a suitable (R) opponent to run against him high enough to matter. Now, whether they act appropriately on that remains to be seen, but I can foresee these L’inked Dudes being loyal enough to the concept of American Democracy that they will actually have some deliberative discussions, and come to some compromises.
    Which, getting back to Happy Gumdrop Land, means we can’t just simply acquiesce in amazement each and every time that happens, we need a “take-no-prisoners” attitude, but that also must become uncoupled from any “scorched-earth” policies, e.g. “If I don’t get my way, I’m burning it all down.”

• It’s worked before, it actually HAS happened, that two different sides were able to compromise and produce laws and Bills that HELPED the peeps, and the land, and the sky, and water. Which all need our help again, goddamnit.

Which happened in a time when the GOP wasn’t the nihilist neo-confederate party it is today. Nixon was a rat bastard corrupt amoral treasonous politician, but enough of the GOP were still men (and it was all men, then) of honor and patriotism that we could get things passed like the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act. The current “Power for Power’s sake alone” paradigm was getting rooted in the GOP but didn’t rule everything. Yet. The poisonous seed that Barry Goldwater planted in the Old Confederacy was merely a sapling then.

You cannot compromise with an opponent who views compromise a weakness and defeat.

When the GOP is burned to the ground, and the land salted where it stood, and it has gone the way of the Whigs, there may actually be a place for a so-called “conservative” party that will be worthy of engaging with; but the one that exists to day is an existential threat to the country, the Constitution and democracy.

(I’ll also remind folks that the rat bastard only signed those bills because they passed with a veto-proof majority.)

• Dennis Cole says:

BDR – that’s one point I was trying to make – that what the Lincolns are doing is a form of compromise, in that they’re “breaking away” from the ultra-RWNJs, and going against the grain, but specifically the tRump Brand, and his foolish followers. We’ve heard about/from them before, but never so vociferously.
        Maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but I’m detecting notes of at least a slight willingness to listen, and to “just try something else, anything else, fer Gawd’s sake, bc what we’ve been doing hasn’t worked, and obviously never will.”

8. Buttermilk Sky says:

“Smaller than expected, and not as big as you promised.” — Stormy Daniels

9. tengrain says:

Honest to Dawg, BDR, I got a lectured/tone policed in my DMs about how making fun of Trump’s water hurts the disabled community’s feeling and blah-blah-blah what kind of monster are you… when I asked if they were disabled, the answer was no, but they were sure that…

I’m so tired of bed-wetting Dims.

Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that if someone tells me to take the highroad, I’m going to remind then that’s where the assassins go for the best shot.

• Dennis Cole says:

TG – the “high ground” is also prized for its defensive capabilities, since any such can also be part of an offense.

• I wonder if any of the folks tone-policing you are actually part of the disabled community or if they’re Great White Saviors rushing in to defend them, unasked.

That’s usually the case…