News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

Eiron, the Goddess of Irony ran down the hallway roaring with laughter and crop-dusting the entire way:

Hey guys, did you know that the Republican Party has discriminated against the religious conservatives?

Get off the Cross, Josh. Someone else needs the wood.

Oh, yeah: he’s definitely running 2024. Bank on it.

This entry was posted in 2024 Goat Rodeo, Get Off The Cross, Homophobia, Sen. Josh Hawley, We Don't Serve Your Kind. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. Karla says:

I should listen to what this dipshit says, just to be aware, but I can’t even.

• MDavis says:

Thirteen minutes! OMG – it’ll have to wait until I have time I’m willing to sacrifice.

• MDavis says:

I made it 8 minutes in, sort of. Couldn’t really listen attentively, but I think the gist of it was that laws should be allowed to continue to restrict liberties, but only for the “right” people.
      Something about courts shouldn’t be making laws. Apparently this comment was meant to apply whenever laws that he likes are struck down by the court.
      I gave up when I was looking into that quote “your liberty to swing your fist ends where my nose begins”, which turns out to be from the Prohibition, appropriately enough. Originally used to justify banning alcohol to preemptively stop drinkers from harming others while drunk. So Dickish – that’s Philip K. Dickish, thank you very much.
      Anyway, his arguments in the first 8 minutes are apparently that religious groups that he approves of (and he does list a few) should be allowed to swing their metaphorical fists around no matter who it hurts, (as long as it hurts people he approves of hurting, presumably) because the First Amendment says religions can do anything they want as long as they claim it is religious.
      NOTE: I don’t think that’s what the First actually says.

He’s a member of a club. You have to be Catholic, Protestant or Jewish in order to join. Mooslims need not apply

3. Chris Papalia says:

“There is only one problem with this decision; it was issued by a court.”

Okay, you CANNOT say that and then go on to criticise anything in the decision without being a fucking moron. I don’t care what your politics are, if you use gimmicks like that you are just a dunce.

4. spotthedog says:

Such a Karen! He should be thanking the Supreme Court for his right to be a Karen.

5. YellowDog says:

He’s got the aggrieved, smug tone down pat. He’s definitely ambitious. He may have to wait if one of the Trump spawn runs in 2024, or Trump runs for a second term (having pardoned himself on January 19th, 2021).

6. paul fredine says:

religious conservatives have been quiet for too long. really? in what alternative universe?

7. Robert Mcneilly says:

At 4:08 “their right to live as their scripture dictates “. Don’t recall that part .
    Just to gather and worship.