FREEDUMB

Hat tip: Scissorhead Dennis Cole

And speaking of the Trump-Virus:

Florida, Texas and Arizona all set records for the most cases they have reported in a single day

“The virus continued its steady spread across the Sun Belt on Tuesday, with state officials in Arizona, Florida and Texas all reporting their largest one-day increases in new cases yet. Florida reported 2,783 new cases, Texas 2,622, and Arizona 2,392.

As you may have guessed, all three states have removed (most of?) their Trump-virus related precautions.

Gov. Abbott of Texas, America’s Lab for Bad Policy, gave the strangest humble-brag in recorded history:

…and one lonely spitball was launched:

Meanwhile, in Florida, we have this fun, anecdotal story:

A Woman And 15 Of Her Friends Have The Coronavirus After One Night Out

They had been “doing everything the right way,” the woman told a local news outlet. “And then the first night we go out, Murphy’s Law, I guess.”

That’s not Murphy’s Law, that’s Cause and Effect. The kicker?

Crisp, 40, is a healthcare worker and said the group was not wearing masks, something she regrets.

You don’t say.

The Terrible Sand Kingdom of Arizonastan’s Tucson Medical Center reports that “just a single intensive care unit (ICU) bed designated for COVID-19 patients was available, with the other 19 beds filled,” which I guess is why Texas was bragging?

Last word to Dr. Fauchi (but emphasis is mine):

“‘When I look at the TV and I see pictures of people congregating at bars when the location they are indicates they shouldn’t be doing that, that’s very risky,’ Dr. Fauci said in an interview Tuesday. ‘People keep talking about a second wave,’ he added. ‘We’re still in a first wave.’”

This entry was posted in Arizonastan, Crazeee States, Distancing, Floriduh, Flush The Toilet Properly, masks, Pandemics, Shelter-in-Place, Shut Yo Mouth Fools, Texas, America's Lab for Bad Policy, Wash Yo Hands Fools. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to FREEDUMB

1. Stupid people just don’t get exponential curves, do they?

Our entire national official response to this pandemic has pretty much been one of those dumb fucks on spring break in Floriduh going “YOLO!!!”

cough, hack, wheeze.

• MDavis says:

The same crowd doesn’t really get big numbers, either. To be fair, I don’t get numbers big enough to count the wealth of the 0.01%, but I do get that one person could not loot that much money in their lifetime without government help.

As Fran Lebowitz quipped, “No one earns $100M Ameros. They steal it.”

Paraphrasing, of course, but I think she’s right, so you are in good company MDavis.

2. Bruce388 says:

Is there any chance the infected health care worker is a trumper?

3. donnah says:

Ohio had done such a good job by shutting things down early. Shamefully, many of the infection cases were found in nursing homes and prisons. I’ve kept myself locked down so I can take care of two elderly moms.

Today’s headline in the local paper cites new flare-ups in a large Senior Care facility and at Wright-Patt AFB, so the virus is working its way back up in our area. It’s heartbreaking and scary that we could blow things up again.

• Sad to hear that. My MIL was in an assited living/nursing home up in northwest OH. I’m kinda glad now that she passed last year..she already had COPD; this would have gone through her home like a hot knife through butter…most of the ICU cases here in AZ are coming out of nursing homes, assisted living facilities, rehab centers and other such group housing institutions. I don’t know why the PTB are so insistent on killing them off like that.

• Dennis Cole says:

BDR – because they are a Drag on the Economy, and the rest of us, who have to support them on life-support, and using all the other tools Modern Medicine has in its arsenal. It’s really amazing how long life can be continued, far past what we would have died from just a generation ago. All they do is sit there, or lie there, they don’t contribute, and the fewer there are of them, the better. (GOP think)

It also helps to “fatten up” the Soc Sec Fund at a time when contributions are down, and it was just getting ripe for the plucking,, er, becoming time for drastically-needed radical alterations in collection and disbursements, er, about time to have a serious discussion about the future of Soc Sec, er……..never mind, nothing will be done about Soc Sec until their plans for looting it are finalized, and put into play. It will probly be the last big “Smash-and-grab” they’ll perform, before exiting stage right.

4. MDavis says:

A neighbor just had to put her mother in Hospice. They’d been caring for her daily, but it became a round the clock care situation. Crappy time for that milestone.
    You’re doing warrior’s work, you know.

• donnah says:

You’re very kind. When my MIL had an undiagnosed UTI last month, her dementia flared up. She watches MSNBC a lot, and in her distressed state of mind, she believed she had gone to one of the protests and spoke to Brian Williams. I reminded her that she doesn’t walk very well and she was probably just dreaming, but she still secretly thinks she went.

After a brief hospital stay, she’s again in her right mind and she gets our visits plus Meals on Wheels and a therapist visit. It’s not impossible yet, but we’re making it work and she seems happy.

5. Perturbation says:

Huh!

“She tested very good for a long period of time. And then all of the sudden today she tested positive…This is why the whole concept of tests aren’t necessarily great. The tests are perfect, but something can happen between a test where it’s good and then something happens and all of the sudden. She was tested very recently and tested negative, and then today I guess for some reason she tested positive.”

6. julesmomcat says:

Since hubs and I are in the riskiest ‘over 50’ category (age 82 and 78), I never go anywhere without my mask, and nitrile gloves. Can’t wait for this pandemic to die off – my glasses haven’t been this fogged up, since I was 16, in the backseat of a ’57 Chevy, in a hot necking session.