Report: Local Man Promises to Leave Peacefully

Politico:

Trump says he’ll leave office peacefully if he loses in November

“Certainly, if I don’t win, I don’t win,” Trump said Friday.

I don’t know if I am relieved or alarmed, honestly.

In an interview on “The Daily Show,” Biden warned Trump could “try to steal this election” by attempting to suppress votes, pointing to the president’s fervent opposition to mail-in voting and his unfounded allegations that widespread mail-in voting was ripe with fraud.

But that’s what Republicans always do. Remember, they hate, Hate, HATE elections and democracy. But I interrupted, do continue.

Host Trevor Noah then asked the vice president if he’d given any consideration to what would happen if Trump refused to leave office at the end of his term, to which Biden replied that he had.

“I was so damn proud to hear that four chiefs of staff coming out and ripping the skin off of Trump, and you have so many rank-and-file military personnel saying, ‘Whoa we’re not a military state, this is not who we are,’” Biden told Noah, a reference to rebukes of Trump for his attempts to militarize the response to nationwide protests.

“I promise you, I am absolutely convinced they will escort him from the White House with great dispatch,” Biden said.

I hope you are right, Joe, but I would still carry a blow gun with Thorazine and a mallet on inauguration day. Just in case.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Report: Local Man Promises to Leave Peacefully

Our toddler in chief has no plans to attend the Biden Inauguration because he will be in the air at 11:59 am on his way to parts unknown. At least he better be anyway.

2. donnah says:

Imagine the amount of disinfectants it will take to remove the filthy stench from the White House. They will need a fire hose to rinse it down.

• w3ski4me says:

Seriously, they are going to have to reupholster the President’s Chair of Office at the very least. More likely they will have to burn it and make a new one. Between the odors of all the “berder” sweat, and the full “depends”, I can only imagine how far the delousing will have to go. Ugh.
      w3ski

3. Heim says:

The military stepping outside of civilian authority is it at all problematic?

4. Diane says:

trump means the opposite of what he’s saying. Expect anything and everything.

5. Dennis Cole says:

a blow gun with Thorazine and a mallet” Both are available at Acme Fine Products, along with other various items of mayhem-causing. Recommended by Wily C. himself.

6. Chris Papalia says:

Sigh, Biden is just so uninspiring; here he is saying proudly that America is not a military state, and then that the military would escort Trump out of the White House if he loses. It would quite obviously be up to the secret service to remove a trespassing Trump from the White House.
    But Biden failed in a far more important respect here – in not articulating the real way a defeated Trump will try to cling to power; it won’t be by using the military, it will be by the courts to challenge the results, and ultimately the Supreme Court – which he has now stacked.
    And that’s without mentioning the multiple ways the GOP will try to suppress the vote; Biden needs to be making an issue of them now, well ahead of the election.

7. purplehead says:

One of my worries is after he loses, what FatNixon and his mob will do between Nov.3 and Jan.20. That’s two and a half months to wreak even more shameless, unrelenting havoc.