That’s Gonna Leave a Mark

Keep punching!

Politico:

North Carolina’s Democratic governor, Roy Cooper, on Tuesday rejected the GOP’s plans for a full-fledged convention in Charlotte, telling Republican officials the only way the event would move forward is with proper health protocols in place.

“The people of North Carolina do not know what the status of COVID-19 will be in August, so planning for a scaled-down convention with fewer people, social distancing and face coverings is a necessity,” Cooper wrote in a letter to the Republican National Committee.

Which of course got immediate pushback from Republicans:

“Every day it is becoming clearer that Roy Cooper is putting politics ahead of results,” said North Carolina GOP spokesman Tim Wigginton in a statement. “We deserve to know why Cooper gives free reign to crowds gathered to riot, but refuses to let citizens peacefully and safely renominate the president.”

And then:

The RNC and city of Charlotte remain contractually obligated to host a convention in the city in August. Should Republicans decide to take their party elsewhere, they risk forfeiting millions of dollars in funds already spent on preliminary security and infrastructure measures. Doing so could also result in a major legal battle between the city and Republican National Committee.

The New Confederacy will be glad to host them somewhere. If I were a betting man, I’d go with Floriduh…

…or Texas

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to That’s Gonna Leave a Mark

1. buckobear says:

It hasn’t been established that reptiles are susceptible to the Corona-19 virus. The convocation of the lizards and snakes is but a wonderful way to spread the virus. Small furry creatures (and larger ones) need steer clear of Charlotte and North Carolina in general.
    Those who are forced to remain in whatever radius of these creatures need to vote them into obscurity and extinction. Time for right thinking (no pun) citizens to be the meteor.

• One organism, one vote! The lizards and snakes have good reasons for their behaviours, but these degenerate authoritarians are completely human in their base motivations.

This did remind me of the National Surrealist Live People’s Party convention back in 1972.

2. osirisopto says:

The MHSG proves once again that he is both an idiot and a blowhard.

3. donnah says:

My son lives in Charlotte and I’m sure he’d be perfectly happy to see the RNC be held anywhere else. Traffic in and around Charlotte sucks enough as it is. And who wants a bunch of moronic Republicans running around?

4. He should adopt Paulie’s mantra “Fuck you, pay me!”
    Talk to them in a language they understand.

5. osirisopto says:

A national political convention. In Florida. In August.
    99 degrees and 99% humidity.
    During a pandemic.

The attendees will all be suicidal.

6. artahzen says:

I am thrilled that NC put restrictions of the GOPsters causing them to move their Corona Extravaganza to some pitiful place where the management is anti-health and super pro superstition. Florida is perfect for them. The governor is as corrupt as the virus is contagious. The combo is likely to be lethal to more than a few of the twitwaffle’s faithful. Can’t you just see all the puffy, purulent sweaty haters glad handing and back slapping each other, no masks, no distancing, no hand washing. It s perfect recipe for future Darwin recipients. Good for NC! I hear Florida is just like Heaven in the summer.

Come sit next to me, artahzen.

• Karla says:

If they come here to Orlando (Orlanduh?) the only good thing is that the convention center is south of town in touristville. I never go south of downtown if I can possibly help it. I do hope they don’t go for the arena (I refuse to call it the Amway Center), which is downtown. Lord Damp Nut officially kicked off his candi-duh-cee from there.
      Possibly a little-known fact, US Rep Val Demmings is married to Jerry Demmings, the Orange County Mayor, so maybe that would help steer them away?

I’m fairly certain Moscow would provide free vodka if they chose them as the location. That way the damage from the accompanying riots will occur on foreign soil. Win. Win. Winning.