What’s The Matter With Kansas, Part Infinity

“We have an order for Mike Pompeo. You from the Secret Service to pick it up?”

Our shouty grifter and End Times Enthusiast Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will remain as our shouty End Times SOS: he didn’t file to run for the Senate from Kansas (whatever it  is that is wrong with Kansas will remain with wrong Kansas, I guess?):

“After months of speculation and cajoling from senior Republicans eager to protect a Senate seat in deep-red Kansas, the secretary of state did not stage a last-minute entrance ahead of Monday’s filing deadline.

“Now, Republicans face a divisive and crowded August primary in the race to replace retiring Sen. Pat Roberts, threatening the GOP’s near-century long winning streak in Kansas Senate races. Republicans are on defense across this year’s Senate map, and a competitive race in Kansas this fall would be costly as the party fights to retain control of the chamber. … The concern from national Republicans centers around Kris Kobach, the controversial former Kansas secretary of state who lost the state’s gubernatorial race in 2018 by 5 percentage points.”

Honestly, as much as I hate the horse-race reporting, is BAD NEWS for amply be-chinned #MoscowMitch. Kobach is likely to win the GOP nomination and then lose the race to the Democratic candidate Barbara Bollier, “a state senator and former Republican who recently switched parties and is running as a moderate who can appeal to crossover voters.”

Yes, she would be a Blue Dog, but also if it takes a Blue Dog to take the gavel away from the turtle hoof, I’m all for it.

(Turtles have hooves, right?)

This entry was posted in Amply Be-Chinned #MoscowMitch McConnell, Crazeee States, Kansas, Kris Kobach, Mike 'Grifting for Jeebus' Pompeo, The New Confederacy, White Punks on Dope. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to What’s The Matter With Kansas, Part Infinity

1. sos says:

(Turtles have hooves, right?)

Correct, that’s where the saying: “#MoscowMitch is out grifting on the hoof” comes from. When it comes to corruption he and the little Ms Turtle are always on the move.

2. Infidel753 says:

Turtles have hooves, right?

Moscow Mitch has a barbed tail as well.

3. Bruce388 says:

Any Blue Dog Democrat is better than any Republican, IMHO. Bollier will be a vast improvement over Kobach.

4. ali redford says:

KS is where I live, and I’ve seen lots of Republicans turn Dem since the Tea Party got started. Then, even though they’re Dem, they go back to their “fiscal conservatism” while maintaining general sanity regarding human and civil rights not associated with the social safety net. Since Sen. Bollier switched parties, she’s remained steadily the same legislator, so there is that, and it’s a good thing. IMO.
    Now, as to the Republicans, Rep. Roger Marshall is really more likely to win the nom than Kobach because he can come across as more calm and reasonable, while still being a dependable insane Trump Republican. Then, the race between the two doctors will be on, and it will be a tough one. So, if anyone doesn’t have a campaign to attend to, this will be another one to help out with, along with Jaime Harrison’s for Lindsey Graham’s current seat. Thanks!

• Karla says:

Ali, I’m from KS originally, and I’ve already given to Sen Bollier’s campaign (and will give more). Here in Floriduh, neither of our gawd-awful senators is up for reelection so I’ve been spreading it around. Maine, SC, GA, AZ, KS, and I’ll give to KY once their nominee is selected.

• ali redford says:

🤗 Thank you! I usually “dabble” in other states’s races, as we usually don’t have many of our own here, anymore. I’ve been helping out Mr. Harrison, and talking about Amy McGrath, but as you say, there is a primary race there now, so it’s time to wait that out. Dr. Bollier is intelligent, charming, and level-headed. I’m excited for her campaign, as I haven’t been about KS race in a while.