GOP Treachery Reaches A New Low

Now try getting out of the tree.

This is the best, raw, outraged response to Republican fuckery I’ve seen yet.

Shorter version: The GOP caucus in PA covered up their Trump-Virus status while campaigning to open up the state, and likely infected untold hundreds of staffers, employees, and their Democratic colleagues. It’s pretty much a given someone will contract it.

Here’s the longer version (NSFW):

This entry was posted in Distancing, masks, Pandemics, People Dumber than Dolphins, Shelter-in-Place, Shut Yo Mouth Fools, Testing, Wash Yo Hands Fools, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to GOP Treachery Reaches A New Low

1. donnah says:

I saw Sims’ Twitter account of this and it made me physically ill. He shared that he had been an organ donor in March and therefore he was immunocompromised while the Republicans were covering up their infection status. Not to mention how they endangered the families of anyone else in attendance over that period.

They are, as a whole, selfish, greedy monsters. Republicans are subhuman. This proves it.

2. YellowDog says:

Eloquent.

As for the Pennsylvania GOP, fuck them.

3. osirisopto says:

Who will call out for bipartisanship with the Orcs?

Who will be the first to reach across the aisle and build a coalition with the Trolls?

Who will choose to bury the hatchet, find common cause and unite with the bottom feeders, shadow dwellers and pond scum that populate the darkest pits of society?

4. MDavis says:

I think this isn’t actually terrorism – they are attempting to control politics, but by pretending everything is fine rather than by threatening others with harm. Most likely applicable – depraved indifference charges.
    Hillary just called out the deplorables among Rs, but the depraved are showing their colors, now.
    It looks like PA legal orders to do with pandemic response are county-by-county. I saw that and just stopped looking for the actual orders.

• artahzen says:

I disagree. If they thought just pretending everything is fine was not going to infect their Democratic co workers, they are criminally stupid. No, they warned each other, covered for each other, and kept it secret for at least a week. I see malice in that action. They intended for people to get sick and, by extension, die for being on the wrong side of the political aisle.

• MDavis says:

I’m not denying malice, and I’m in agreement with you, except for the explicit claim of terrorism. I believe that terrorism is the attempt to influence people with the use and the threat of violent actions.
        Perhaps I am misinformed. Thus far it sounds like the Rs didn’t report their status in order to continue to vote for their pet projects and what not. But now that the truth is out, it is pretty terrifying. If the legislature is done, then it’s flat out attempted murder (up the scale from depraved indifference) or… is there premeditated manslaughter since they can’t know who will get sick?
        And if the legislature is still doing business, especially if there are votes coming up particularly important to the Rs, then terrorism is a reasonable diagnosis.

In Italy, if someone they were near to catches the virus and dies, they would be charged with murder. In PA, some republicans glorify these actions, probably. I know more than a few republican idiots who believe we should just let the virus wash over us.

6. Karla says:

In the video I saw (Now This), it says that Rep Lewis (the guy who tested positive) notified the 4 or 5 people he interacted with. THOSE AREN’T THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOW BEEN EXPOSED!!! Some of those 4 or 5 people may now be asymptomatic carriers who are exposing everyone they interact with, and so on and so on.
    Man I hate those people.

7. paul fredine says:

i live in wisconsin and i want brian sims to represent me.