Be Better

Memorial Day 2020 at Newport Beach, California Photo: (AP)

LATimes email thingie:

It made for some incongruous pictures: As people flocked to beaches and parks, public health experts made a new round of appeals for physical distancing and face coverings. Judging from several scenes around the country, not everyone was paying attention to those warnings — or in some cases willfully disregarding them.

Guys, it isn’t just Possum Hollar behaving badly. Not quite as bad as the pool where the Possums are bobbing for Bubba, but still pretty bad.

It’s hard to say if these sunbathers are six-feet or more apart, but I definitely do not see masks.

This entry was posted in Distancing, holidays, masks, Memorial Day, Pandemics, Shelter-in-Place, Shut Yo Mouth Fools, Wash Yo Hands Fools. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Be Better

1. julesmomcat says:

Those stoopids are gonna pay the price; Thanks, Suckface, for your brilliant leadership.

2. donnah says:

I’m worried that by sheer force of will and overwhelming disinformation, the Trump team will override all of the scientific data that this virus is not over. He’s going to continue to force openings across the country and now cities and hotspots are under-reporting the numbers of infected and dead. He’s already dumping all of the responsibility for tests and PPEs on the governors, who cannot get access to supplies.

I hate this feeling of being overwhelmed by this disgusting turd and his corrupt administration. It’s a helpless feeling that we’re careening toward four more years of death and disaster.

Donnah –

That’s always what Putin’s plan was: to show that democracy (leeetle Dee) doesn’t work. It was the cheapest battle he’s ever fought and the easiest he’s ever won. He didn’t even have to roll the tanks through Possum Hollar, they did it for him.

3. ming says:

I don’t get it. My recreational choices are always centered around being in places where other people are not. Coronavirus aside, that doesn’t look like a fun way to spend the holiday. I’m pretty sure that I would pay money not to be there.

Ming –

When I was a callous Yute, that would have been my jam, as long as it was filled with other callous Yutes. I think that is typical of Yutes, but that picture? People old enough who should know better.

• Bruce388 says:

Looking at the crowded pool at Lake of the Ozarks, I wouldn’t get in there on a bet in the pre-pandemic days.

4. I wish I could find again it but there was a blog post or tweet I saw a week or so ago showing pictures of people out and about taken with a telephoto, then with a normal lens, and the difference was shocking. All the pictures of ‘people violating the social distancing rules’ in the telephoto shots were all actually complying…but photos of “people boringly following the rules” don’t get the fauxtrage clicks.

Telephotos can lie. We’re probably looking at close to a half-mile of beach in that shot above…