Sunday Palate Cleanser

Look at that jerk annoying the hedgehog!

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Purplehead who admonishes me: “Not all birds are jerks!”)

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Sunday Palate Cleanser

1. Redhand says:

That’s rather extraordinary. Da boid knew what would happen to the hedgehog if he stayed on the road. I have heard that they are quite intelligent.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I think what’s even crazier is that they eat roadkill. Was it just saving the hedgehog for later?

Redhand –

Crows are mosdef the coolest and smartest of the badass corvids. They use tools, and one of their favorite tools are us humans and our cars. They will but hard-shelled nuts in the street and wait for a car to crack them open.

They also like the morning commute here in seattle: they gather around the docks where the ferry boats launch because they know that slobs like us are gonna discard the remnants of pastries and what not before getting on the boats.

Sharp dressers, too. Crows rule.

2. Steve-O says:

Dinsdale?
    (obligatory hat tip to those masters of chaos Monty Python)

3. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

That’s a hooded crow, an Old World bird, and of course we don’t have free-roaming hedgehogs here. Northern Europe somewhere is my guess (not the UK, as the car’s on the right side of the road).
    Like all members of the corvidae, they’re very smart, and have been kept as pets. Hey, maybe this one is a pet bird out for a constitutional, and looking out for a fellow critter. It might be the most cogent, responsible member of the household.

4. Dennis Cole says:

Poor, persecuted, picked-on hedgehog. “F – U Mr. Crow! You can’t take away my freedumb to go out & about! Can’t you see how badly I need a haircut?!?!?!?!? And not every hedgehog becomes roadkill!! I’ll take my chances!”

5. Ed says:

School crossing guards… god bless ’em.

6. donnah says:

Why did the hedgie cross the road? To get away from the bossy crow!

7. Chris Papalia says:

“Odd, it’s usually easier than this to get into the hedgehogs on this road!”