This Exists

I hope he doesn’t play polka.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to This Exists

1. laura says:

We need to talk about that shoe…

2. Dennis Cole says:

In the yuper right corner, is that “Estereo” equiv to Dos Equis? Dos Lagunitas? How large a body of water IS that, anyway? Those.

I bet he squeezes out some right lively tunes on a brisk winter day, and that he gets his right due of applause when he’s done, if it’s a “Polka.”

• Redhand says:

Research indicates that he is one of the originators of “Pimba or Música popular Portuguese [which] is a Portuguese type of music, with an uptempo style, [and] which is often associated with rural areas.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimba. It looks like he’s been doing this successfully for almost 50 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quim_Barreiros

• Dennis Cole says:

Red – I was trying to give the impression I was confusing Estereo with Estero, or Estuary, which is similar to a Laguna. And “Lagunitas,” (Law-goon-eat ass,”)~ is a trademarked name for a local brewery, which went from small, local micro-brewery to one of the world’s largest.
        I’m still trying to adjust my meds, using different combinations at different
        dosage levels, and sometimes I end up more than slightly discombobulated. And of course, on different days I experience different levels of exertion, which is what elevates my pain levels, so it may not be exactly like juggling flaming torches up on the high-wire, without a net, but it comes close, sometimes.

~Hey, did I just make up a new nickname for AG Barr? Law-goon Eat-ass?

3. YellowDog says:

4. Astonishingly, looking him up, he’s quite a prolific Portugese musician. This was his second album…The title translates to “I recieved an invitation”

And he clearly did IYKWIMAITYD…

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

He has a cousin in America, you know…

6. sos says:

It’s the Quim that makes me uncomfortable

• Redhand says:

I had to Google this to see if it meant what I thought it did. I have a female Brazilian friend, but I am afraid to ask her if the word/name has any meaning in Portuguese! Maybe I could approach it by asking if she is familiar with the artist.

7. donnah says:

If he plays it right, he’ll be able to hit those high notes.