2 Corinthians Go Into A Bar to Separate Church From State

Prznint Stupid, who sometimes refers to hisself as “The Chosen One” and regularly calls in Vanilla ISIS to lay hands on him and avails hisself of the POTUS Shield and other self-declared prophets to intercede on his behalf, has decided that the return of white shoes, er, Memorial Day Weekend is now Holy (and trust me: that’s not scriptural) and therefore is demanding a separation of Church and State (which ought to really confuse the Xristian Xrazies), per Axios’ afternoon email thingie:

President Trump announced Friday that he was declaring churches and places of worship as “essential places that provide essential services,” and said that he would override governors to allow them to open “right now.”

What he’s saying: “Some governors have deemed liquor stores and abortion clinics as essential, but have left out churches and other houses of worship. It’s not right,” Trump said from the White House podium.

• “The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now. For this weekend. If they don’t do it, I will override the governors,” he added.

Lots’a luck, buddy. There is no way to do that that I am aware of. I mean you can mean-tweet at them, but I think that’s all you got. And besides: since you washed your hands of the blood of Christ, er, any responsibility to manage the Trump-Virus and turned that over to the states, it seems unlikely you REALLY wanna take responsibility now, you know, that infections are sparking after two weeks of Possum Hollar breaking curfew.

So, no: this is just another Jump for Jeebus attempt to grift the fetus-fondling Gawd Botherers that you are one of ’em. Send donations now!

UPDATE 1 (Another Axios Alert thingie):

• A CDC case study out this week said 35 of the 92 people who attended services at a rural Arkansas church in March tested positive for COVID-19, killing three.
This entry was posted in Blog Against Theocracy, Jump for Jeebus, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Xristian Xraxies. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to 2 Corinthians Go Into A Bar to Separate Church From State

1. We are – thankfully – not opening yet. My cynicism is newly and more deeply carved into my being now. He is so disgraceful.

2. Steve-O says:

I live in a world where this pea-brained poor excuse for ass puss is in the White House.
    The liquor store better damn well be open.

3. quakerinabasement says:

I, for one, support Our President’s demand that all Satanic temples be reopened immediately.

4. donnah says:

I know I worry when I go to the liquor store and it’s crammed with a hundred people all at once. And my abortion store, too!

Pandering to his base of Evangelicals is repulsive and gross. How he hasn’t been struck by lightning is a real puzzle. For him to advise prayer is hilarious. He couldn’t pray authentically if his life literally depended on it.

5. Dennis Cole says:

And the more desperate he gets, the more dire the circumstances will be for us. He’s going to demand a patch of scorched earth for every slight, real or perceived he’s had to endure, and by my calculations, [checks notes] it becomes a hefty-sized chunk of Real Estate, right around the size of [checks notes again] the continental US. Huh. Some places will get more scorcheder than others, depending on the “Suck-up Factor” displayed by each state’s Guv, and seeing how I reside in CA, I except to be a “crispy-critter” any day now.

6. Infidel753 says:

There’s polling that shows he’s losing some support among Evangelicals. This is pandering out of desperation, plain and simple.

Ooooo. Numbers. Whenever the morons use the flu as an example I always like to use the mortality rate (Number of cases divided by the number of deaths) whilst I explain how stupid that is. Pretty much everyone agrees that the mortality rate for the flu is 0.1%. Currently the US mortality rate for Covid-19 is 5.9%. At that there church in Arkanastan, the mortality rate is 8.6%. Of course, the only way to lower mortality rates is to increase testing but don’t bother trying to explain THAT to the moron in chief.

• Oh, this reminds me of this morning’s Adrew Cuomo presser where he talked up wearing masks. He described wearing them as a “..de minimus intrusion, and a measure that can help everyone”* and the Mrs (who makes Cuomo’s daily pressers Must See TeeVee) stopped rewound and played it back a couple times just to be sure.

Could you imagine “many per capitas” LDN using a Latin phrase correctly in a press conference, and going on like he expects everyone to understand what he meant???

Damn it would be a nice, nice thing to have an actual fucking grown-ass adult up there…

8. E.A. Blair says:

I’d say let the godbotherers infect each other if only it was confined to their individual congregations, but it’s not. They infect the rest of us who think they’re a bunch of covidiots. So maybe if they overpack their churches, we ought to barricade them inside for 14 days. If they need food, let ’em pra for it.

9. Karla says:

[sorry – I mistakenly posted the comment below on the wrong post. please forgive the repetition]

The only thing missing from streamed church services is the collection plate.

10. osirisopto says:

which ought to really confuse the Xristian Xrazies*

You know the old saying “If you can’t bedazzle them with brilliance, baffle ‘em with bullshit.”

11. Diane says:

Five minutes of reading about the stupid, ugly shit that comes out of that priks mouth and I’m done.

12. Richard Portman says:

No, thanks. We like him alive. We like it when he walks around and helps us. We also love his mother. Because.
    I will not be washed in the blood of my friend that you have killed. And now you brag about it and tell us that is salvation. I piss on that.
    Don’t you never tell me to bathe in that blood. You were there, and now you tell us this .
    Leave my poor friend Jesus out of this, and his blood is not your property.