Schumer to Trump: Checkmate, Stupid!

“And now, I’m going to sign some checks for 300M Americans!”

I’m not much of a fan of Chuck Schumer (as everyone probably knows), but I think he did something clever here:

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is planning to push for a provision in the next coronavirus package that would stop President Donald Trump from putting his name on any additional stimulus checks.

The so-called “No PR Act” would prohibit the use of federal dollars toward any material that promotes Trump or Vice President Mike Pence’s names or signatures.

“President Trump unfortunately appears to see the pandemic as just another opportunity to promote his own political interests,” the New York Democrat said in a statement. “The No PR Act puts an end to the president’s exploitation of taxpayer money for promotional material that only benefits his re-election campaign.”

It would take some brass for Lord Damp Nut to veto this legislation. I think that even though all of this BS is silly politics, forcing his “signature” on the checks (and delaying the stimulus by literally weeks to get the checks updated) just to stroke his fragile ego was even sillier politics.

This entry was posted in Chuck Schumer, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Pandemics, The Miracle of the Trump Economy. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Schumer to Trump: Checkmate, Stupid!

1. Silly? It is goddam dangerous – not that he cares. I’m with you on Schumer. He is one of my senators,but I am not a super fan. That said, he does have a few moves that work. This is one of them!

2. YellowDog says:

I’m not a fan of Schumer, but he does seem to defer to Speaker Pelosi, which is a smart move. She has the smarts and the power. It used to be said that the most dangerous place in Washington was between Schumer and a camera. He seems to have toned that down, also too.

3. Diane says:

My check wasn’t signed by trump. It has a useless blurb on the left side that said, Economic Impact Payment, and below that it has President donald j trump.

• That “blurb” cost both money and time getting the aid that CONGRESS VOTED FOR to people in need. I know they all think that $1200 is either the cost of one banana or six month’s rent, but real people needed that fucking money…

4. Dennis Cole says:

Even if it’s attached to desperately-needed Recovery Acts, he won’t sign it. He’ll go on TV, and declare he has every right to do this, and those who oppose him are nasty, horrible people, and most certainly not Patriots. He’ll probly lie, and say many others have done this before him, but he’s the only one who gets picked on. And then he’ll pout, and cross his arms in front of his chest.

The same thing is happening with the Postal Service. Even when Nancy rebuked him for wanting them to fail, or to begin quadrupling delivery prices, and reminded him how much we the taxpaying public loves the Post Office, he won’t back down.

I doubt he’s ever in his life had a moment of doubt, or whether he might not be right, or even off-the-mark a little bit. He’s thoroughly convinced of his superior cognitive abilities, and fully expects his orders to be carried out with no chance for discussion, or ANY hesitations.

• fully expects his orders to be carried out with no chance for discussion, or ANY hesitations.

Because for the last decade it’s been scripted that way. Much pre-election reporting on the Trump Org indicated that in the main insiders only made a show of presenting things to him for decisions, things that would make him feel good and powerful, because otherwise the organization would have imploded dozens of times. The only reason we didn’t hear more was his onsessive use of NDA’s. That he spent a lot of his time on the “Apprentice” where he got to play out his fantasy of being aa successful Business Tycoon and Billionaire, while everything was scripted in advance…

I keeps telling everyone, Baby Hitler can wait…if I invent a Time Machine, first thing is I’m gunning for Baby Mark Burnett…

5. quakerinabasement says:

Meh. Trump doesn’t have to veto–he’ll just ignore it. Who’s going to stop him?

6. ⬅ Fan of Schumer (… just thought I’d add my worthless 2-cents since the poor man is getting write-ins of no love here ( -though, he is getting appreciation!). 😊

7. H-Bob says:

The face that bounced a billion checks!

8. Osirisopto says:

There’s nothing in there to prevent him from putting his name on the envelope? Or sending out another letter telling people how magnanimous he is for sending them the crumbs off the table?

(I hope the USPS charges full first class rates.)

9. donnah says:

Jezus, this is what we’ve come to? A president who is so insecure and vain that he has to put his name on checks that he has nothing to do with? It’s not his own damned money! It’s our money!

10. paul fredine says:

the only thing i want in the mail with his signature is a copy of his letter of resignation to hang on my wall in a place of honor.