And speaking of heroes…
OK that was pretty funny! She also said that it was always cocktail hour in a crisis, which is pretty solid advice.
I don’t have the ingredients for it, but if I did I would probably make the Hemingway Daiquiri, or it’s bastard offspring, the Papa Doble:
Hemingway (circa 1937)
Makes one – build in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- 2 oz best quality white rum
- 1 teaspoon fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon maraschino liqueur
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
Papa Doble (circa 1947):
Makes enough to share or declare a dividend – build in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- 3 ¾ oz best quality white rum
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 6 drops maraschino liqueur
So what is your crisis cocktail of choice? In the comments on a bar napkin, please.