Tales From The Memory Hole

🎶 Looking out a dirty old window 🎵

National stockpile description changed on government website to match Kushner comments

The language on the federal government’s public health emergency website has been edited to match statements made by White House adviser Jared Kushner on Thursday in which he said the national stockpile is “not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use.”

The state of play: Kushner recently joined the administration’s coronavirus task force, working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency to oversee the distribution of medical supplies to states. At Thursday’s White House press briefing, he said local and state officials are requesting medical supplies without understanding what they need, the Washington Post writes. Kushner added, “The notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile … What you have all over the country is a lot of people are asking for things that they don’t necessarily need at the moment.”

What the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is saying now:The Strategic National Stockpile’s role is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies.”

What the U.S Department of Health and Human Services said as of Thursday night: “Strategic National Stockpile is the nation’s largest supply of life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for use in a public health emergency severe enough to cause local supplies to run out … When state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency.”

Katherine McKeogh, a spokeswoman for HHS said in a statement on Friday, per Politico, that the updates to the webpage text had been in the works before Kushner spoke at Thursday’s briefing.

I don’t have my copy of 1984 handy, but it seems to me that this was exactly what the hero’s job was, to track down and change all records that disagreed with whatever the new official propaganda is, “Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.” Anything that disagreed was altered and the original was burned when Winston put the documentation into the memory hole.

This is alarming. 1984 was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not an instruction manual.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Fratsputin Jared Kushner. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Tales From The Memory Hole

1. MDavis says:

The Ministry of Fox supports up everything they say.
    We’ve seen memory hole action over there, such as reports on the changes to COVID-19 statements along with saying “that’s what [he’s, I’ve] been saying all along.”

2. sos says:

1984 was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not an instruction manual.

Luckily, Lord Damp Nut can’t read good.

3. Dennis Cole says:

You know, for the longest time, I thought that little box on the pill bottle that says, “Alcohol & Marijuana may intensify this effect,” was meant as a suggestion, or a subtle hint. Come to find out it’s a WARNING!

So as you can clearly see, messages get misinterpreted all the time, and that’s probly all this is.

4. Dennis Cole says:

“the box on the pill-bottle’s LABEL I know you know that’s what I meant.

• Karla says:

That’s what you have always said.
      Unfortunately, WordPress doesn’t have a memory hole for scissorhead comments. Except when TenGrain puts on his Winston hat.

DC –

You mean like a serving suggestion?

• Dennis Cole says:

Karla has a fantastic memory, unlike mine, which resembles Swiss Cheese. But yes, TG – and I made damn sure to serve myself first!

• Well, I wasn’t going to assume. I did think that maybe the addition of Alcohol and marijuana were helping that little box on the bottle find his voice, so to speak 🙂

( walks off humming “White Rabbit” …)

• Dennis Cole says:

Lol. My Dr. changed my classification at the beginning of the year to “At-home Palliative Care,” which gives her MUCH more latitude in the types and dosages of the drugs she can prescribe for me, where the main Directive is to keep the patient as comfortable as possible. Not pain-free, but close counts in this arena, just as much as in horseshoes, etc.

It’s the same warning label it’s been for the past 25 years, and the same joke, and as Karla pointed out, I’ve used it here before, but I trotted it out once again to lay down some snark. You’re an amazing person, BDR, and so far, I’ve enjoyed every little minute of our correspondence. And don’t worry, I’m only slippin downhill slowly, and if I don’t watch out, I might still be around in a year or two.

5. julesmomcat says:

“he said the national stockpile is “not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use.” We’ve all paid for that stockpile with our taxes, so who in hell does he think IS entitled to it???

6. YellowDog says:

Stupid’s stock response is “I didn’t say that.” Lying to cover up is the family MO. Kusher is our Edmund Blackadder, but an amalgam of the different generations–a bumbling manipulator who still manages to achieve status and wealth.

“The Trump Family’s Strategic National Stockpile’s role is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies.”

There. FIFY HHS.

8. Dennis Cole says:

Weren’t there like, 25 countries altogether that “received” some of those “donated goods” that were only just slightly mentioned in the lamestream media? I say we should ask those countries who they made the checks out to…