After You, Buddy

RoJo: “I’d like to make 3 points…”

From the appropriately named tool, Sen. Johnson (R – WI) in USA Today:

“Each year, approximately 48,000 Americans commit suicide and an estimated 67,000 die of a drug overdose. That level of individual despair has occurred in a strong economy with near-record low levels of unemployment in virtually every demographic. Imagine the potential psychological and human toll if this shutdown continues indefinitely, unemployment reaches 20% or higher, as some now predict, and we sink into a deep recession or depression.

Just what are you getting at, RoJo?

“The U.S. Senate just passed a $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill in a less-than-perfect attempt to mitigate some of the economic fallout. In addition to the current human toll, future generations will be required to pick up that tab. Every premature death is a tragedy, but death is an unavoidable part of life.
”

Very deep. As Ms. Fleming said in Heathers, “Whether to kill yourself or not is one of the most important decisions a teenager can make.”

This entry was posted in Pandemics, People Dumber than Dolphins. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to After You, Buddy

1. julesmomcat says:

RoJo is such a disgusting puke; he gives all us Badgers a horrifyingly bad name.

• ali redford says:

It’s still hard for me to believe that he was the one who replaced Russ Feingold. sigh

• julesmomcat says:

Yeah – Russ had integrity, as did his whole family. His sister, Nancy, was a friend of mine, and we graduated in the same class. Their mother, Sylvia, was my Girl Scout troop leader, and I worked for her in her abstracting firm. Good folks who made Janesville, and Wisconsin, a great place to live. RoJo is taking the state backward.

2. Osirisopto says:

Hold on. Just hold on a minute.

Let me get this straight. RoJo, a Republican is bitching about deficit spending during a REPUBLICAN administration?

Someone’s not reading the daily memo.

3. Pyed says:

You have the Coronavirus. You are going to need a ventilator. The Senate doesn’t have any ventilators set aside for it’s members, nor is there any procedure to take ventilators away from people who are already using them. This bill will, in part, pay for more ventilators. How do you vote?

I thought so.

4. Well, RoJo, as the old Fram oil filter commercial goes “you can pay me now, or you can pay me later…”

5. Mark E. Bye says:

I challenge anyone to produce a photo of this guy where he doesn’t look like someone is just about to set the Muskie bait in that mouth?