I’m Shocked. Shocked, I Say (Part Infinity)

“You assholes do know you’re not wearing gloves, right?”

Liberty University student tests positive for Covid-19 after Falwell reopens campus

Nearly a dozen students showed symptoms of coronavirus after Jerry Falwell Jr defied calls for closures and invited them to return

…Last week, Falwell invited the school’s 5,000 students to return to campus after officials confirmed the Lynchburg, Virginia-based institution would defy nationwide calls for mandatory school closures and reopen.

Sue that eff’ing grifter back to the iron age.

This entry was posted in Grifters Gotta Grift, Jerry Falwell Jr., Pandemics, Theocrats. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to I’m Shocked. Shocked, I Say (Part Infinity)

1. sandomina says:

I am shocked at this kind of blatant arrogance.

• sos says:

I suspect that if classes don’t progress to a certain date then Jer is on the hook to refund tuition. At least that’s how real Unis work.

• Czippie L'Shimp says:

Most universities (mine included) have gone online. Our students have been great about cooperating with the shift. Though most of the faculty have little or no experience we have banded together to help one another in developing functional programs that will give the students as much quality as we can for the balance of the semester. I miss seeing my students face to face, but they continue to impress me with their insightful comments, and intellectual analysis.

My suspicions for why Liberty isn’t doing that are
        (1) it’s expensive. The license for online platforms and virtual classrooms is going to be significant.
        (2) It’s difficult to control the indoctrination of even the most pliable of brains if they’re not segregated from thinking people.
        (3) A strong show of support for the administration is far more important than those pesky trolls he’s constantly having to push out of his way as he crosses campus.

2. I say we find this guy Hoocouldaknowed and send him to a CIA black site to extract his secrets!

Their vengeful god is punishing them for something. Where’s the prophet who predicted this shit?

• MDavis says:

Pretty much half the people here, due to those superpowers of memory, common sense and grasp of basic science and logic.

• MDavis says:

BTW – pretty much everyone here could see this. But only around half of us (not me, for example) have been pointing it out to others, hence prophecying. (is too a word)
        Explaining this sort of thing to each other is sort of a waste of effort as we already know. That job is left to government officials and those cops that end up having to put out arrest warrants because these jerks ignore the rules about gatherings. In fact, explaining this to Liberty University attendees is probably a waste of effort, too, since they just ignore it do what makes JJ money because that is what his god would want.

4. Dennis Cole says:

They’ll keep “finding” ways to blame it on us, the Dims, the Libs, whoever. We aerosolized it, and sprayed it in their ventilation systems, or had an infected “mole” who, knowing he was dying anyway, strolled about campus, shaking hands with as many students as he could. Think the Rethug’s convention will revive the Virus? And if it does, “we’ll” get blamed again. Some more.

Apologies to Sublime

“I wait 2 weeks before I wait 2 weeks, and then I wait 2 weeks more, before I wait 2 weeks to wait 2 weeks, to wait 2 weeks more.”

And if the rate of infection falls to as near zero as we could get comfortable with, to get the Economy “roaring” again, I suggest we wait 2 weeks more.

5. julesmomcat says:

May they all do a ‘hands-on’ prayer session for those afflicted, and keep it within the campus.

6. donnah says:

Lawyer up, Jerry.

7. E.A. Blair says:

Cordon off the campus and don’t let anyone out for a couple months. Drop off food and other supplies, then let them pray the virus away (spoiler alert: that ain’t gonna work!).

8. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. “Their prayers won’t do no good no how,” I thought.

9. sos says:

Thin the herd, err, flock!

10. lauraura says:

And yet, they returned to school despite the fact that all medical advisors said not to, and almost every other school in the nation is closed. And yet, their parents let them or told them to return. The willingness to follow orders so contrary to health and safety as people are dying is what I fear most of all about organized religion in general and evangelicals in particular.

11. I completely agree. This is sick AF