Boeing: ‘You’ve Seen Us Fly, Now Watch Us Negotiate!’

Fasten your seatbelts

Boeing declared it won’t accept a bailout if it requires that the government takes an equity stake in the corporation:

“I don’t have a need for an equity stake,” [Chief Executive Officer Dan] Calhoun said in an interview Tuesday with Fox Business. “I want them to support the credit markets, provide liquidity. Allow us to borrow against our future.” He indicated that the Chicago-based company wouldn’t accept aid in exchange for the government owning a share. “If you attach too many things to it, of course, you take a different course,” he said.

Here’s a idea Sparky: don’t take the loan.

We give the last word to:

This entry was posted in Bastards, Billionaire Bastards, blood sucking leeches, CEO Bastards. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Boeing: ‘You’ve Seen Us Fly, Now Watch Us Negotiate!’

1. sos says:

“…why in the world are you asking for $60 billion?”

Because CEOs are generally worms, and BOEING CEOs are most definitely worms.

And I just know they are going to ultimately taste like shit.

2. lofgren says:

We don’t want to give the money either. Problem fucking solved.

Why do people who are constantly decrying “socialism” because people don’t deserve “free stuff” think that government has some obligation to dump free money on them all the goddamn time?

3. MDavis says:

The Feds are offering a loan but demanding an equity stake? What the heck, is that LDN’s golden parachute program? Maybe he’ll offer those shares to Russia in exchange for re-animation of that zombie lie about Hillary and Uranium One.

4. DoremusJessup says:

I still don’t understand why the entire Boeing board isn’t in jail. But, then, I don’t understand why Wilbur Ross isn’t in jail either.
    On another subject, does anyone else suspect that when the Diaper Don was young, his mother must have frequently called him a “… nasty boy…’, before she had him tested, that is.

• R White says:

The universal rule amongst the inbred wealthy is that no one cares about the harm done to the middle class and the poor due to their greed and sociopathy. It only becomes a jail-able offense when their greed and sociopathy becomes so rapacious that it affects other wealthy individuals. See Madoff as an example.

Everything with dickstain donnie is projection, especially the name calling insults. No doubt that Fred continuously called his son a ‘loser’ on more than one occasion as he aged.

5. YellowDog says:

This is what Boeing really wants.

6. Dennis Cole says:

Hey, from our standpoint – as taxpayers – we’re grateful it’s a LOAN and not just a handout, like the $35 billion for Farmers. And why is he so reluctant to take on the very partner that’s gonna get him outta this mess? Can’t partners be bought out at some point in the future? Is there some reason he doesn’t TRUST Unka Sam? I mean, other than the various and numerous ones we already know?

I haven’t had time to read the WaPo’s takedown on the agreement yet, but I’m headed there shortly to parse the details, to see how much it’s gonna cost the grandkids, and the “greats” and “great-greats.”

• lofgren says:

In this case they are prohibited from buying back stock for the duration of the loan +1 year, so I don’t think they can buy out their new “partner.”

• Dennis Cole says:

I meant for that to occur many years from now. And by then, who knows if they would even proceed with a “divorce?” If I had a “rich uncle” who could bail out my company & me, every time we hit a financial “snag,” then I wouldn’t mind at all, if he wants partial ownership, to help ensure his payback.

7. Sean666 says:

Fuck them.
    And no money to companies that have shifted their operations or patents to low tax countries to avoid supporting the country that they are now begging for help.
    Maybe we can build a nice bullet train factory where the old Boening plant is…

• Dennis Cole says:

Sean – maybe they could use some of the jet engines they have just lying around, and we could have super-fast bullet trains. Win-win!

And if I could, I would station several of tRump’s Cabinet at the “exhaust end,” during the test-phase, along with many, many others, like Moscow Mitch, to ensure that the jet’s power is not just a “hot mess.” QA is important.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s