Sunday News That Will Drive You to Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

Putin Rides Again
(credit: The Art of Buddy McCue via Scissorhead B-4)

Comrade Art of the Deal tries his hand at buying a vaccine:

The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.

The German government is trying to fight off what it sees as an aggressive takeover bid by the US, the broadsheet Die Welt reports, citing German government circles.

The US president had offered the Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac “large sums of money” to gain exclusive access to their work, wrote Die Welt.

[snip]

The German health minister Jens Spahn said that a takeover of the CureVac company by the Trump administration was “off the table”. CureVac would only develop vaccine “for the whole world”, Spahn said, “not for individual countries”.

Because our transactional prznint can easily be bought (Hi Vlad!), Lord Damp Nut thinks everything is for sale, or at least can be licensed and sold through Sharper Image like a common Trump Steak, or Trump Vodka. So why not Trump Corona-Cure?

What a sociopathic putz.

This entry was posted in Grifters Gotta Grift, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Pandemics, Pooty-Poot Putin. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Sunday News That Will Drive You to Drink

1. MDavis says:

I’ll take the square for 1pm EST next Friday for when LDN speechifies that he never did that and when he did it wasn’t illegal anyway, so what’s the big deal?

2. Who in their right mind thinks Ellis in Die Hard is a role model???

3. donnah says:

He’s despicable and he proves it every damned day. A sane populace recoils in horror, while Trumpists say smugly, “yes, my president will do anything to save us.” They simply cannot see how atrocious his behavior is. Or that his ineptitude got us here in the first place.

• Redhand says:

I put this in the same category of stupid as his idiotic offer to buy Greenland from the Danes. It’s an insult to an ally’s sovereignty and fundamental national interest in the welfare of its people, made by a complete buffoon who thinks international diplomacy can be conducted on a sleazy “art of the deal” basis.

This one is worse, though, because it reeks of profiting off of human suffering while at the same time insulting not only the ally’s government but also its people. It’s like him going up to a neighbor and saying:

“Say listen, you know I’m really, really rich, right? Well, I think your wife is really, really hot, so I’m willing to offer you ‘large sums of money’ if you let me sleep with her on, you know, a regular basis. Also, since I’m going to offer you really, really large sums of money, you also have to agree that you can never sleep with her again. How does that sound?”

The German minister’s response is the diplomatic equivalent of the neighbor in my “parable” saying “Go fuck yourself, you sick bastard, and never darken my door again.”

To me, this “offer” is a sure sign of Trump’s deepening mental illness. I think only a lunatic would believe such an “offer” would be remotely acceptable. He’s absolutely nuts.

4. retiredeng says:

When I first saw this I thought it must be fake. Then I thought he really is this vacant. A new low and there appears to be no bottom to his vileness.

5. Chris Papalia says:

Trump tried to buy a vaccine for EXCLUSIVE use by the US, and fuck the rest of the world; well, it’s not as though he thought NATO was worth anything anyway… or ANZUS, or the alliance with Japan, or US standing anywhere in the world.

You know, future historians will find it convenient to mark the year of the coronavirus as the end of the American century, and the beginning of the Chinese century.

6. Perturbation says:

Trump would go bankrupt even trying to sell COVID-19 vaccines. He probably got the idea after hearing about those assholes who drove around Kentucky and Tennessee for days, buying out the supply of hand sanitizer of every CVS and Walgreen’s, to turn it around on Amazon for $100/bottle.

He probably didn’t read (haha, Trump read!) the part where Amazon shut down their sales account and then they were whining to a reporter, what are we going to do with 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer?? But hey Trump likes the cut of their jib, maybe they can land jobs in the WH.