Trumps Plan: The Poor Shall Enter Heaven First

Covid-19 Jeebus loves the CEOs best, shakes hands

The WSJ has some insight into Lord Damp Nut’s upcoming recession, which surprisingly shows some humanity:

“The U.S. economic outlook hangs in large part on whether business leaders respond to the new coronavirus crisis as they have with many past shocks: by laying off masses of American workers.

“So far they have largely avoided the tactic. But the pressure on companies to squeeze costs is building as consumers, governments and others pull back on activity. Purges of workers could become unavoidable in some industries such as shipping, air travel, retailing and dining as demand slows.”

Of course, Prznint Stupid is already planning on hurting the poors. The 4th Reich has blocked states from using Medicaid to expand medical services during the pandemic, and refuses to allow states to sign-up poor patients for coverage, set up emergency clinics, or to begin isolating and caring for the homeless.

Also,  the very white White House decided to kick an estimated 700,000 people off of food stamps on April 1.

SURPRISE!!1!

Such a kidder, Hair Füror is.

As the WSJ hints, that number will be much bigger, as CEO Bastards in all their wisdom cut back shifts and/or fire low-wage, service-industry workers who qualified for SNAP.

And remember: SNAP work requirements forces people to keep going to work when they get sick, so we got that working for us, too.

This entry was posted in Bankster Bastards, Bastards, Billionaire Bastards, blood sucking leeches, CEO Bastards, Healthcare Reform, Pandemics. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Trumps Plan: The Poor Shall Enter Heaven First

This administration and all of its minions appear to be unaware that both Eiron and Karma do not self-isolate. Bless their hearts.

2. oh god the presser Trumps doing right now is bananas “the flu, you know kills 36,000 people a year, and we’re not talking about that”…

No shit you dumbfuck asshole, because we’re in a pandemic right now and you fired all the people who deal with pandemic planning

Talking about the ‘flu’ right now is like demanding that we have to deal with that leaky faucet while the house is on fire!

(Stupidly went to Costco last night because we needed some stuff. It was beyond nutzo. I’ve never seen so many empty shelves. I saw people grabbing up cases of canned corn like it was a sovereign cure for everything. No TP, of course, nor paper towels, kleenex, dog food(?? WTF?) and the lines were longer than I’ve ever seen )

So the good citizens of the TSKoA are behaving well?

I really don’t get the TP hoarding, but I suspect it is related to the bulk bean sales.

• w3ski4me says:

In my part of the world, there seems to be a plentiful supply of TP except for one brand. I suspect a factory slow sown. There have been small buyouts by hoarders as well, our local “Wally’s” was emptied quickly but all the grocery stores have plenty. I don’t doubt old P&G is putting their foot in the process here. That’s where I’d put my quarteloos.
        w3ski

• Chris Papalia says:

The toilet paper stampede started following as an online rumour that TP was made in China and would soon be in short supply. It’s not made in China, but when have we ever let anything as trivial as the truth get in the way of a good panic?
        Ironically enough, this particular piece of stupidity began in Australia just over two weeks ago, and from there spread to the US (Trump’s border wall and travel restrictions doesn’t seem to stop BS spreading on Facebook does it?). I say ironically because Australian toilet paper packs have, on the front of them in a nice large stamp “Australian Made, Australian Owned.”

• On orders of She Who Must Be Obeyed I was sent out into the wilds today in search of the TP (well, among other things, like the dog food).

She read a funny thread on Twitter about people finding it easily in little Asian stores because, apparently people are morons and think you will catch it there.

No such luck, of course, but I did get to our local Lee Lee Supermarket http://leeleesupermarket.com which is ohmygod fabulous. Warehouse-sized store with stuff from all over the world.

I’m hoiping that this TP-less world is just a brief frenzy and in a week (which is when we’ll start worrying about the supply) there will have been some restocking and the panic-buying will be over.

• good thing no one around you was tested. There might have been an active case in line.

• broodingone says:

If you’re stocking up enough food so you don’t have to leave the house for a month, you gotta prepared to shit all that food out too. The people brawling over the TP are probably also planning to sell it on eBay at a 1000% markup, as with the Purell.

And your dog needs to eat for a month too! Last night I bought a month’s worth of frozen mice for our snake. $40/pound. He eats like a king.

Broodingone – Welcome to MPS, and thank you for caring for your pet snake in style! We’re all about the animals here.

Regards,

Tengrain

• broodingone says:

Woops, I’m a long-time lurker/sometimes commenter. I’ve been commenting as Perturbation for years but forgot to change my handle from my WordPress account this time.

• Chris Papalia says:

Pythons generally only need to be fed twice a month; you might be over-feeding him.

• Dennis Cole says:

BDR – whenever I want a recap, or the “Cliff’s Notes” version of ANY of his speeches, I simply open a can of alphabet soup, and read while I’m eating…

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

The one good thing in all this chaos is that Typhoid Trumpy probably gave COVID-19 to those CEOs he met with.

4. Ralph Wiggam says:

Your photo caption reminded me of a line from the Broadway musical Camelot (50 years ago)
    “It’s not the earth the meek inherit, it’s the dirt.”

5. Robert Mcneilly says:

Don’t need as much t.p.
    ClearRear the DIY bidet. $70.
    Tickles a bit.
    Really is real.

• Dennis Cole says:

More cleansier. WAY more, and no wasted paper products, or having to put your hand in close proximity to the Netherlands, er, the “derriere-area,” so to speak. And the “Blow-dry” portion should never be optional. Just sit there and enjoy it.