I saw this the other day and bookmarked it:
BREAKING: The CDC has stopped disclosing the number of Americans tested for coronavirus.
On the left is how the website looked last night. On the right is what it looks like now, with the testing info removed.
The lack of testing is a scandal.
This is the coverup. pic.twitter.com/za5w9dkEKq
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) March 2, 2020
If you are keeping up with the virus news, you know by now that the Seattle area has been hit the hardest and 9 people have died, and the contagion has spread to the general population.
I saw this tweet thread from a Seattle resident last night, which kinda seems like it might be related:
I live in Seattle, I have all symptoms of COVID-19 and have a history of chronic bronchitis.
Since I work in a physical therapy clinic with many 65+ patients and those with chronic illnesses, I decided to be responsible and go to get tested. This is how that went.
— sketchy lady (@into_the_brush) March 3, 2020
If you follow the thread, you’ll see that her story is essentially:
- Waited for 40 minutes on hold on the coronavirus hotline before giving up
- Followed the CDC’s directions to see a primary care doctor
- Called two (2!) primary care doctors, the first of whom told her A) they didn’t know where she could be tested and 2) that she should not seek out testing.
- the other doctor told her to go to the ER or an urgent care facility.
- Called urgent care, which told her to call a hospital.
- Called a hospital, which didn’t have any tests but transferred her to the cursed Covid-19 hotline again!
- Told by the Covad-19 hotline that she does not qualify for testing and that the only way she can get treated is if her symptoms get to the point where she develops pneumonia or bronchitis.
I think I got it all. It’s a cavalcade of stupidity. You could write it off to bureaucracy, but then again…
No audio or video permitted at Pence WH coronavirus press conference, absolutely outrageous and will further signal the public that the Trump admin doesn’t have a handle on this @SenSchumer @SpeakerPelosi @KevinMcCarthyTV @senatemajldr https://t.co/flU4QD32Rn
— Laura Rozen (@lrozen) March 3, 2020
So the briefing is just a photo-op? It’s not enough for theocrat Mike Pence to be in charge; he must also gag people who know what they’re talking about from communicating with the public.
I’m old enough to recall that it was not unusual for the old Soviet Politburo to black-out all bad news, including when Chernobyl melted down. The 4th Reich isn’t just incompetent, they are trying to bend reality to say that Hair Füror is successful in this endeavor.