Unsaddle that Goat! Mayor Pete is Out!

Mayor Pete Escapes the 2020 Goat Rodeo!

Axios:

The big picture: The 38-year-old, gay, small-town mayor ran a historic campaign and shocked the political world by surging to the top of the Democratic field and winning the Iowa caucuses in January. But his inability to gain traction with black voters, as exemplified by his poor showing in Saturday’s South Carolina primary, called into question the long-term viability of his campaign.

Between the lines: It’s not yet clear which candidate will benefit from Buttigieg’s exit. He was widely perceived as sharing a moderate ideological lane with Joe Biden, the winner of the South Carolina primary, but a recent Morning Consult poll showed a tight race for second-choice among Buttigieg supporters.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Pete Buttigieg. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Unsaddle that Goat! Mayor Pete is Out!

1. Dennis Cole says:

Bootyjudge has been judged “unelectable.” Of course, the only logical way to determine someone’s “electability” is to see if they win The Big One; he or she who is elected is therefore the “most electable,” and the rest just have to suck hind tit.

• paul fredine says:

must you resort to trumpian name-calling? it doesn’t suit you.

• Dennis Cole says:

Paul – if you look up above, there is a list of nicknames that are used occasionally by us spitballers, mostly in jest but sometimes in anger. Lord Vulgarmort probably possesses the most, by both weight and volume, and those are used far more often than his real name, which must NEVER be preceded by “President.”

Another reason I consider valid is how difficult his name is to spell. I know, that’s a weak argument, but it’s true. I am also referring to his “gaydar,” and I’m fairly certain he judged some male booty upon approaching them, before his marriage. (And maybe even after, who knows?) And I know all about his “distinguished military career,” which seemed to have him far from danger during his 7-month deployment, and palling around with some sketchy characters from the CIA, who helped him receive a Joint Service Commendation Medal, which is not given for bravery on the battlefield.

I don’t care for the man at all, and I’m not being homophobic. What opened my eyes was a series of essays by Caitlin Johnstone that delved into every detail of his adult life, and a strong fishy odor that is always a clear indicator of nefariousness. If you have time, I suggest you read at least one. You can find them in her archives, on her site:
        <www.caitlinjohnstone.com>

2. Infidel753 says:

Buttigieg wasn’t ever my first choice, but as the first openly-gay major candidate for president, there’s no denying his candidacy had historic significance. I’m glad he ran.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is partly the result of Sanders-phobic party establishment pressure behind the scenes as they try to push out the lesser moderate candidates so that the moderate vote will coalesce behind Biden.

I’m sure we haven’t heard the last of mayor Pete. Given his age, he’ll have several further cycles in which he’d be a credible candidate for president.

• Redhand says:

I’m glad he ran too. It’s about time we had an LBGT candidate run for the Presidency.. His establishment dem policies and integrity, especially in race issues? Not exactly ready for prime time if you ask me. He has some maturing to do. Besides, the herd definitely needs to be thinned now.

• Bruce388 says:

Based on the leading candidates this year, Mayor Pete has another 40 years to try for the big job.

3. Voting blue in 2020….don’t care who.

4. tengrain says:

My IRL friends all say about the same thing, but one added (and d’uh, I think it needs repeating):

“I hope we will someday have a gay, progressive candidate.”

Mayor Pete was not my first choice, but absolutely I would vote for him in a heartbeat over Cheetolini .

And yes: His run was history-making, and I’m proud to be in a party where someone like Mayor Pete could run and his gayness was not a big deal. This is YUGE.

• Redhand says:

“I hope we will someday have a gay, progressive, candidate.”

Yeah, that sums it up. He’s NOT a progressive by a long shot.

5. donnah says:

Pete has class and I hope he’ll continue to make inroads. I think he’s going to have a bright future and hopefully he’ll learn how to build respect in the minority communities so he can be a more rounded politician. He is very intelligent, dedicated, and he’ll go far.

6. Chris Papalia says:

So, your remaining choices are the old fart, the rich old fart, and the crazy old fart; democracy at its best.

Chris –

Don’t forget that there are two sane women on the ballots still.

• Chris Papalia says:

tg, Amy was never a serious contender, so that just leaves… another old fart (fartette?), whose campaign died the day she said she would break up Facebook.
        Amy can still hope to pick up the VP slot, Warren can’t even expect that.