Black History Month At The White House

Happily Married Couple

Eiron, the Goddess of Irony, stands with mouth agape (Tiger Beat):

THE PRESIDENT’S THURSDAY — Trump and first lady Melania Trump will participate in an African American History Month reception in the East Room at 6 p.m.

No word on who they invited, but I’m guessing some very fine people.

This entry was posted in Black History Month. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Black History Month At The White House

1. Sean666 says:

Will they be serving KFC and watermelon? Thats his style isn’t it….

2. Bruce388 says:

Off topic, but when I see that photo from Lord Dampnut’s inauguration day, his expression matches the way I’ve felt since November 2016.

So, Clarence Thomas and Bennie the Blade, along with some unlucky White House staff.

3. Buttermilk Sky says:

No doubt he’ll congratulate Speaker Pelosi and the House for passing the Emmett Till Anti-Lynching Act.

Yes, I’m kidding.

4. For the last three days I pretended Trump was no longer in office (he was actually in India near the Chinese border serenading the Corona virus). I pretended Bernie was president and he was verbally bitch slapping the entire republican senate and anyone that argued with him. Amazingly I was quite content and thoroughly happy, seeing sunshine even tho it was raining. I have returned to reality and trump is back stateside, the Kobe memorials are officially over, and corona virus is still on the move even tho Kudlow said it was practically air tight under control. I guess I wasn’t the only one in an imaginary world…only mine was temporary…

• Astamari says:

Sad that your dream had Bernie as president but the GOP in charge of the Senate (evidently no coattails, which is possibly realistic but a real nightmare not a nice dream).

• All political dreams are nightmares. Bernie is a toe to toe in your face scrapper…perfect for this pretend moment. If I had my way man would get along, money would not rule the world, and there would be perpetual peace instead of perpetual war, but I am afraid, sadly, that is not this human race.

5. revzafod says:

Check out the Non Sequitur strip for this week; should be two more on Friday and Saturday. I wish all Scissorheads could go on that cruise. Here’s the link to Monday’s strip.

Rev. – I’ve been enjoying that strip for years, probably since it first started, and yes, I really would love to be on the ship.

6. Chris Papalia says:

“No word on who they invited, but I’m guessing some very fine people.” – I hear Fredrick Douglas is an up and comer.