News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

“I’m actually, I guess, the chief law enforcement officer of the country.”

–Raw Story, thus proving there is a reason we used to call the cops, “pigs.”

I guess that also proves it: we are now, officially, a fascistic state.

This entry was posted in Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. Redhand says:

Surprise, surprise. Of course this asshole doesn’t appreciate that his presidential oath obliges him to “take care that the laws are faithfully executed,” which means the exact opposite of his “believing” he is “the chief law enforcement officer of the country.”

No, you corrupt Ignoramus, “taking care that the laws are faithfully executed” means keeping your tiny, filthy mitts away from law enforcement by the Attorney General, who is supposed to be independent of you.

Is there a single, incumbent GOP senator or other pol who has said anything against this? A single one?

Of course not.

Redhand –

I keep wondering how to structure and independent DOJ, but frankly that scares me too, from an accountability POV.

• Oh please. Susan Collins has furrowed her brow. She might even sigh exasperatedly when he starts locking his ‘enemies’ up for real.

This has been object lesson 5,298 on the subject: tump is not an aberration of Republican rule, he’s the purest distillation of it

2. donnah says:

Attorney General is supposed to be the chief law enforcer for the country, but since it’s Bill Barr, we know that ain’t worth a damn. Fox, henhouse and all that. But Trump does believe he is fully in charge and will continue to hollow out every department of the government until there’s just a skeleton crew of thugs to do his bidding.

Also, that image, which does represent him accurately, makes me queasy.

3. MDavis says:

Shouldn’t there be a credit posted with that picture?

MDavis – I did a Google reverse image search and it has thousands of uses going back for years. If the owner of the image wants to identify, I’ll be glad to give credit (or take it down, depending).

I even made the mistake of clicking on 4Chan when it came back as a result, which I will not repeat doing again.

• MDavis says:

Never mind. It occurred to me (while I was checking a measly one site) that an artist taking credit for this is just opening the garbage floodgates so they might not even want the credit.