He’s doing it again:
The Trump administration plans to sap money intended to build fighter jets, ships, vehicles and National Guard equipment in order to fund barriers on the U.S.-Mexico border, the Pentagon told Congress on Thursday, a move that has agitated Democrats and even drawn condemnation from a top House Republican.
It’s one thing to steal money intended to build housing for the troops, it seems, but quite another thing when he steals money from the Military-Industrial Complex, ie, their donors. Do continue:
A chorus of Democrats swiftly condemned the money grab, as did the top Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, Rep. Mac Thornberry of Texas.
In a statement, Thornberry dinged the Pentagon for shifting money specifically allocated by Congress and said the move “undermines the principle of civilian control of the military and is in violation of the separation of powers.”
“The re-programming announced today is contrary to Congress’s constitutional authority, and I believe that it requires Congress to take action,” Thornberry said. “I will be working with my colleagues to determine the appropriate steps to take.”
Haha, silly Congress! You abdicated your sole constitutional authority already, you cannot claw it back.
Congress has so far failed to attach any prohibitive language since Trump declared a national emergency last February, successfully diverting $6.7 billion from military construction and other accounts for a southern barrier.
House Appropriations Chairwoman Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) and Pete Visclosky (D-Ind.), the chairman of the Defense spending panel, said in a statement that the move once again disrespects “the separation of powers” and endangers “our security by raiding military resources to pay for his wasteful border wall.”
Separation of powers? How quaint.
We have a smash-and-grab artist running the show now, Hair Füror is unfettered in his ability to do what he pleases and when he pleases. The Tortilla Curtain, the Last Monument to the Confederacy will be built with stolen funds.