Midday Palate Cleanser

“I found the remote!”

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Purplehead)

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. FELINE MAMA says:

“I cannot bark a lie. It was the Feline!! I tried to stop IT, but, ……….!!!”

2. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

I used to write advertising copy for upholsterers, and all I can say is…
    Combining that loose-packed faux-leather stuff with that big, strong dog is …
    Well, anyway. Doggo had LOTs of fun! And apparently Doggo’s hoomin has a good enough sense of humor to memorialize the divine folly of it all!

3. “I’m glad you’re home! The sofa! It..it just EXPLODED!!!”

4. w3ski4me says:

We had that exact thing happen to us when we were gone 15 minutes past feeding time, one night. You really can’t understand the horror till it’s you, exhausted after a day away, and looking forward to a quiet night. There is no humor involved.
    w3ski

• We have come to the conclusion that every dog you bring into your life (as a puppy, generally, ) will commit one great act of destruction before they get it out f their system. Usually it’s a pair of well-loved shoews, gnawing on the corner of some furniture and the like….one of ours, the dear Katiedog, was left in our car one night when we went to the store (not the first time, either, whe ws an experienced car dog) and we came out to find her, grinning ear to ear, in a mountain of chewed up foam.

She had managed to demolish all the seats in the car in ~15 minutes.

• w3ski4me says:

Not to try and top your damage report, but we left a dog in a car held by the seatbelt through his collar, while we hoped to use the bathroom across the road. We never made it across the street. The seatbelt only took one bite, then out the half-open window and right by our side again. On the plus side, he came right to us and sat down, as if he were an obedient dog or something.
        w3ski

5. “I trust that feeding time will not be ten minutes late in the future…”

6. Dennis Cole says:

Aw, heck – looks like they were due for a new “Pleather sofa” anyhow.

7. Pyed says:

In the wild, it takes a pack of Huskies to pull down a fully-grown, three-piece, Naugahyde couch, but in the enclosure of a small, apartment living room, a single energetic dog can completely slaughter one.

8. donnah says:

Adequate, but not ultimate destruction there. Our yellow lab pup dragged down a nine foot Christmas tree, pulled the strings of lights from the living room into the dining room and kitchen, dumped the piney water out of the reservoir onto the carpet, broke glass ornaments, and chewed the head off of a perfectly innocent toy rabbit. Oh, and ripped open a few of the gifts.

Now that’s destruction.

And we didn’t kill him.

9. retiredeng says:

Our dog (as a puppy) – “rescued” an entire roast ham off the kitchen counter – ate an entire leather belt (buckle included; requiring assistance for the eventual exit days later) – swallowed a puddle of antifreeze (frantic call to the vet) – a large box of tissues scattered to the four winds – scattered a box of matches all over the kitchen (not sure why none were ignited) – pilfered all of mom’s (labor intensive) candied orange peels from the kitchen counter and many more misdeeds I have forgotten.

• Donna says:

Had a Boxer eat several of my shoes. But only one of each pair. And only the expensive ones. When I crated her the next day I gave her the other ‘mates’. She didn’t touch them.

10. HarpoSnarx says:

This is what happens when you invite a Siberian for the weekend.