About Last Night…

The 2020 Goat Rodeo!

I watched some of the debate last night —not all of it!— and I have a few observations to report:

• George Stephanopoulos is an ass
  • 7 Candidates is still way too many on stage
  • Sweet Baby Jeebus with a bed pan, we know where they stand on Healthcare, why are they spending 20+ minutes asking about it again.

There are some highlights and few lowlights that will be repeated everywhere, so Imma not doing it here.

Our failed political press’ construct of Lanes was very much on display. Make no mistake about it, all of the candidates are liberal, just some are more liberal than others.

Stephanopoulos was trying to get Warren to fight Bernie and questioned whether or not she was a capitalist, so we can check the Left Lane off his list. Likewise he was trying to get Mayor Pete/VP Biden/Sen. Klobuchar to fight (Center Lane?), and pretty much left Yang and Steynor alone (Parking Lane).

If I was forced to say who had a good night, I would probably pick Sen. Klobuchar.

If I had to pick who had a bad night, I would probably pick VP Biden (and from the part I watched it was not that bad at all).

Best moment: Mayor Pete defended Joe and Hunter Biden. Somehow he did not come off as scripted and sanctimonious while doing it, either. Surprised me, indeed.

Get the Hook! Andrew Yang fully disqualified himself (with me) by saying categorically he would not prosecute any criminal charges against the 4th Reich. That’s how we got where we are today; no one would prosecute the war crimes from Chimpy McStagger and Blam-blam and thus the Republicans were emboldened to commit more crimes (also unprosecuted) and thus they got the Bigly Brother elected as a product of being held unaccountable. Please collect your cheese sandwich, Mr. Yang, and the traditional roadmap, and exit stage left.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Amy Klobuchar, Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Tom Steyer. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to About Last Night…

1. Scottie says:

Hello TG. I have had people tell me that there is no difference between a Democratic president investigating a former president / administration and tRump investigating the Democratic party candidates running in the primaries / general election. I reply there is a huge different, it is called the reasonable suspicion of them having committed illegal acts in keeping with the rule of law, the other is a fishing expedition in an attempt to smear a political rival Russian style. How would you address this comparison? Hugs

Scottie –

The show trials in the old Soviet Union (because that’s really what they are talking about) began with exile to Siberia (or execution) of political rivals and then the trial happens, which oddly always ended in guilty verdicts. In modern Russia, Putin just sends the rival a nice cuppa tea or some perfume.

Investigating a crime is not a crime.

• Scottie says:

Hello TG. I agree. Unfortunately I spend part of my day in enemy territory and they do not see it that way. They see investigations as a way to get revenge for imagined slights and retribution as legitimate responses to differences of opinion. I admit I am always looking for better ways to answer head on these … persons in hopes of maybe shining a bit of feeble light in to their protected darkness. 😀😁😎 Hugs

2. These are no longer “debates”, they’re the MSM’s attempt at making it a reality show, or political WWF event.

Stephan porous has his event card in front of him and all the wrestlers candidates have their scripted parts to play.

(And Stephan porous is an apt damnyouautocorrect for Stephanopolous somehow)

• R White says:

Since most ‘muricans are single issue voters whose choices of candidates are based on that person’s appearance, charisma, family values etc., their minds are mostly made up and no amount of folksy anecdotes or stories will sway them. If they are actually paying attention, it is the silly over-the-top spectacle of watching adults argue and ‘slam’ one another with put downs that passes as ‘debates’ these days and one which a vulgar sociopathic grifter like trump excels at which sadly the democrats keep overestimating. It’s also why rich oligarchs like bloomberg can skip those events and still be considered ‘serious’ candidates.

• purplehead says:

Stephan Porous is just about perfect: Leaking integrity like a sieve. Sometimes “auto-correct” knows more than we think. It’s ahead of the game.

3. Dennis Cole says:

And if this whole debacle is NOT scripted, then all my faith (and begorrah) has been misplaced. (Har-har) It reminds me of someone stumbling around, complaining it’s too dark, and they can’t see. When I tell them all they have to do is open their eyes, they reply with, “But I might see something scary!” And I’m left with no response except to agree with them.

4. MDavis says:

Sounds like Yang is pitching for GOP support, just in case they have had enough of The effing donald.

MDavis – I’m not sure about that (pitching for GOP support), my take is that it is genuine fear of becoming a banana republic where every junta locks up the previous junta. I think he’s sincere in that, but I believe we’ve already tried it and it has been a proven disaster from Iran-Contra to the Iraq War Crimes to now.

5. I have seen and heard all I need to see and hear from current candidates. There are many in this country that have not and many that never will. They will vote blindly (my “plantation wife” sister voted for Trump because she could not stand the sound of Hillary Clinton’s voice). That is just the way they are. Once the democrats get it together to pick a candidate I hope unmitigated, wholesome unity can emerge because without it a second term of Trump will end the nation I have known for the last 60 plus years. If Trump wins, I will have to hope for coronavirus and climate change to right the wrong of this nation. I really don’t want to take that path but if the electoral college does what it did in 2016 the trains to Auschwitz will be full steam ahead.

6. Dennis Cole says:

It’s too bad Science hasn’t kept up with the realities of living in the 21st century, particularly the election cycles and the candidates participating therein. If only they had the means (and the will to apply them!) to craft an amalgamation of the front-runners, with, say, the stubbornness, the verve, the drive of a Bernie with the youth and ambition of a Mayor Pete, while combining the experience, and the calm and considered reasoning of Liz Warren with Amy K’s savvy and her ability to get legislation passed.

I know, right? “Mythical Creatures and Those Who Care About Them.” I can’t find one single Hollywood mogul who would accept that script, even as “Stark Fantasy.”

7. skinnydennis says:

Did you catch Tweetie’s ranting afterwards RE communism(!) (social democrats) on MSNBC? Why is this dinosaur still given air time!