Today: ‘Bring Me The Head of Joe Biden On A Pike!’

I Coludious
(Hat tip: Skinny-D)

And so today Comrade Stupid’s defense team will present its case, and because they have an idiot for a client, instead of rebutting the charges against Prznint Stupid, they will prosecute Joe Biden, with the ultimate goal that he will be so tainted that he will not be the Democratic nominee. The Constitution itself is now being disrupted by Comrade Trump in furtherance of his own personal benefit, just like Trump used military aid as a way to extort a personal benefit from Ukraine.

The impeachment trial is now a campaign event, full stop.

Here’s Politico’s rundown of the schedule of events:

THE TRUMP TEAM DEFENSE starts at 10 a.m. today. President DONALD TRUMP suggested Saturdays are the backwater of television, but the networks are taking the proceedings live with their top talent at the wheel.

IT’S A SHORT DAY TODAY: The session is expected to wrap around 1 p.m., and the Senate will take tomorrow off and return Monday.

WHAT TO EXPECT TODAY … JAY SEKULOW told a group of us reporters in the Capitol yesterday that today would be like a “trailer … coming attractions.” SEKULOW said they would be speaking a lot about JOE and HUNTER BIDEN.

… WE ANTICIPATE the Trump defense will last today and Monday. Then Senate questions are TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY — Dems are expected to use this time, in part, to rebut the Trump defense. The debate on witnesses will probably be THURSDAY — probably a vote on witnesses, as well. If there are no witnesses, we’d guess they’ll close FRIDAY, and deliberate into SATURDAY. Vote could come next SATURDAY or MONDAY

— IF THERE ARE WITNESSES, this whole timeline is blown up, and the process will continue for weeks. (h/t the POLITICO Hill team)

This entry was posted in Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper, ITMFA. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Today: ‘Bring Me The Head of Joe Biden On A Pike!’

1. RepubAnon says:

I don’t think Trump’s Hillary Clinton strategy will work on Joe Biden. That effort had a 30-year foundation of anti-Clinton leaks, rumors, and innuendo. Here, they’re starting from scratch.

RepubAnon –

Oh, that’s true for sure.

I think all Trump really wanted was to have his crowd at the hate rallies chant “Lock Him Up” referring to Biden. This was all about marketing.

Tengrain

2. Dennis Cole says:

Desperate men in desperate times, searching high & low for desperate solutions. Mostly low, though.

3. MDavis says:

Sekulow called today’s presentation like a trailer of coming attractions.

I am past eye-rolls and into eye-twitch at this point.
    I think I’ll go make cookies. Maybe popcorn later.

4. Bruce388 says:

In the Comments section of some online comics (yes!) a Trumper told me I don’t understand how corrupt Biden is. I asked about Donnie Five Chins’ 16K lies.

5. The hold out vote in the impeachment of Johnson, the one vote preventing removal from office, back in the late 1860s, was bribed. Johnson finished out his term. Today 53 Senators have been bribed. Money talks so bullshit (trump) walks. Just another day in Democracy.

6. paul fredine says:

i decided to be fair and at least watch the opening statement since i did it for the dems. to be honest, i don’t think i made it past 5 minutes when i couldn’t figure out ‘burden-sharing’ and why he felt it was ‘evidence’ that was ‘hidden’ and ‘lied about’ in the house investigations/presentations. when they open with the same-old ‘he did nothing wrong’, somehow you know it’s going to be more dishing from the same crock they’ve been dragging around for months.

• MDavis says:

I’m being totally not fair, as I’m not watching the opening statement. I’m just going on reports, which indicate that their statements have nothing to do with the law or the facts of the case. I’ts all playing to the crowds. One of the lawyers was comparing a day’s presentations to a trailer. come on! They might be taking the situation seriously but not as a legal case.