Moderation is for Monks, Take A Stand

The Modern Republican Party

I’m on team Driftglass about this: there is not a single Republican that is worth fighting for.

I got an earful the other day about how not all Republicans are crooks just because Trump is, blah-blah-blah. OK, but because they are not standing-up against his criminality, then they are his accomplices, and you know what? THAT MAKES THEM CROOKS.

That the non-indicted Republicans are doing nothing to bring the radical Republicans back in line is all you need to know that they are fine with the crimes, and that includes the Very Concerned Caucus. If they look the other way, then they are not looking at the problem of their very own party. Lead or get outta the way, Mitt, Lisa, Susan, et al.

The GOP treats criminal behavior as normal, and because it furthers their goals (tax cuts for billionaires and whatever it takes to get them), they see it as desirable. The GOP has adopted as a central plank: corruption, racism, misogyny, and all the assorted -phobias (Islam-, trans-, homo-). If individual Republicans loudly don’t disavow these things, then they are fine with them. If they are not OK with hatred as a core principle, then they should leave their party.

At this point we must conclude that being in the Republican Party is a character flaw.

Don’t Cokie Roberts at me, bro. Only one of our two major political parties has embraced a life of crime and that’s the Republicans. When someone tells you that the Republicans are not all crooks, ask them to name one and then ask them where they stand on supporting Trump. QED.

This entry was posted in NeoCons, The New Confederacy, Wingnuttia, Y'all Qaeda. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Moderation is for Monks, Take A Stand

1. buckobear says:

Profiles of Courage ??
    More like Cameos of Cowardice and/or Contempt.

2. Bruce388 says:

I disagree. There are plenty of good Republicans. You can probably find some in a cemetery near you.

3. julesmomcat says:

TG – so VERY well put! Ab-so-TIVE-ly, pos-o-LUTE-ly! How much lower can the Rethugs deteriorate? Oh, wait – I know; it’s when they burn the Constitution and hand Suckface his legal declaration of Dictator-for Life. Honest Abe is spinning in his grave!

4. Infidel753 says:

There are no good Republicans — because the way the Republican party is now, the mark of a good one would be to leave the party — therefore, those who are still Republicans are not good.

5. donnah says:

I just posted at Hackwhackers that it would be much easier to total up the decent Republicans vs the corrupt, evil, rotten ones.

The total being zero.

I blame Reagan. The first Actor and lying liar president.

• julesmomcat says:

Who says money doesn’t talk? Back in ’81, when the Equal Rights Amendment movement was gaining ground, Ronnie Reagan said that IF it made it to his desk, he WOULD NOT SIGN IT. Well. I was in the middle of a divorce, and my gender determined my earning power back then. My existence depended on my making as much as my male colleagues in my profession. So, when Ronnie said that, he opened my eyes, and changed my politics forever. I thank Reagan – for turning me into a Democrat!

7. MDavis says:

“Radical Republicans” – there it is! That’s the descriptive for these goons.
    Both-sides that, Cokie.
    Non-Fake News: “The Radical Republicans have allowed trade wars that hurt their own citizens, extorted false intel out of a foreign government for their personal gain and nearly started Wold War 3.”
    Cokie: “But the Democrats have had bad press due to smears by those Radical Republicans, so they’re just as bad.”
    Readers: “WTF, Cokie, who could have predicted you would be a zombie?”

8. There is only one way to deal with a bully and that is direct confrontation. Do what you got to do!

9. CalicoJack says:

Howdy y’all!
    Over on Ye Olde Blogge, I have argued since the beginning of the Trump years that the Repubes have gone full-on Soviet-style single-party pseudo-democratic authoritarian. They fully intend not to every lose another election — Newtie’s permanent majority is just the tin-horned dictator’s president-for-life — or have another judge overturn another of their laws. They see the entire purpose of government as transfering the nation’s wealth to the 1% as fast as humanly possible. Not only have they completely given up on democracy, they aren’t even trying to hide it any more.
    Huzzah!
    Jack

Jack –

We’ve been on that lonely beat. Just every now and then I find I need to say it again.

• CalicoJack says:

Howdy TG!
        Repetition often results in the formation of a long-term memory, but it doesn’t result in return invites to the pundit-shows on the TV — not that that has ever been a problem for me.

Huzzah!