News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

Our Stable Genius

For more on the Nobel Prize, of which the mango-hued shitgibbon was cheated out of, the BBC has got you covered:

Although he did not name the Nobel Peace Prize winner or the country, it is clear that Mr Trump was referring to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.

Mr Abiy, 43, is Africa’s youngest head of government.

He came into office in April 2018 after months of anti-government protests forced his predecessor to resign.

Mr Abiy has introduced massive liberalising reforms to Ethiopia, shaking up what was a tightly controlled nation.

He freed thousands of opposition activists from jail and allowed exiled dissidents to return home. He has also allowed the media to operate freely and appointed women to prominent positions.

And in October last year, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize – the only head of state to win the prize since Mr Trump was elected in 2016…

The Norwegian Nobel Committee said Mr Abiy was honoured for his “decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea”.

The two countries fought a bitter border war from 1998-2000, which killed tens of thousands of people. Although a ceasefire was signed in 2000, the neighbours technically remained at war until July 2018, when Mr Abiy and Eritrea’s President Isaias Afwerki signed a peace deal. So for two decades, the long border was closed, dividing families and making trade impossible.

The Nobel Committee said it hoped the peace agreement would help to bring about positive change to the citizens of Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Since the peace deal with Eritrea, Mr Abiy has also been involved in peace processes in other African countries, the committee said.

Our Stable Genius also/too thinks he should get one for his efforts with Little Rocket Man that have [checks notes…] resulted in exactly nothing.

You may recall, last September that Prznint Stupid said that he “would get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things, if they give it out fairly, which they don’t.”

This entry was posted in honors and awards, Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

Unless he’s removed from office, he only has one year and 10 days left to start acting presidential. Heh.

2. And Barack leans back in his lounge chair in his mansion in trump’s brain and grins that famous Obama grin.

It’s astounding how small and petty the once-mighty Office of the President of the United States has become.

And just what did trump think he did to ‘save that country’ other than calling it a ‘shithole’?

3. purplehead says:

I am so sick and tired of this fucking pig-eyed jamoke. If I were a hero, I… [Grain was here – no eliminationist language, as much as I agree with your sentiment] and bring real peace to the world.

Repeat after me as your morning affirmation to the sun: “I curse the Secret Service for their dedication and professionalism.”

• (sometimes I wish (on this site) that beside the “like” button there was also a “that was hilarious!” button)

• Bruce388 says:

Remember back in the Obama years when Secret Service agents regularly got busted for neglecting their duties and partying with local Melanias? What the hell happened to those guys and why aren’t they on the job?

BDR – Exactly!

• purplehead says:

I apologize for possibly putting MPS at risk, TG, but something came over me, the other moi. I’m sorry. It’s so hard to think this shit has been going on for more than three years, and this shit won’t go away. And there seems to be no end in sight. Actually, this shit has been going on for at least 40 years. One time my Mom and I were in the kitchen and talking about Reagan (so, about 40 years ago). NPR ATC was on in the background. That day was so memorable, because THAT moment was the first time I had ever heard my Mom say the word fuck, well a derivative of the word fuck. “That fucking Reagan…” she exclaimed, while cutting up vegetables. She was never before the cussing sort, as I am. Reagan changed her.

My Dad would often say, “If we had to have a goddamned actor for a president, why couldn’t it be Paul Newman?” My Dad had been in the Navy. So.

It’s all so exhausting.

Purplehead –

No harm, no foul. I just want to keep our mortal souls out of immortal danger.

No, it’s not that, I jest.

It’s the way that the SS ups their scrutiny whenever there is a Republican in office.

Long-time readers might recall the times we’ve had name-brand DC pundits on this very blog commenting negatively about us fomenting revolution, and how can we be taken seriously when blah-blah-blah.

4. Lsamsa says:

What an incredibly horrific aberration of a human being.
    Brings to mind those who want a ‘freak show’ for whatever their screwed-up need.

5. buckobear says:

Aw shucks, TG, give him some credit. He couldn’t pronounce their names or identify the country. And you can bey your 409k on it.