News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

White House’s Former Truth Teller, Elmira Gantry Huckabee-Sanders

So this happened last night: Elmira Gantry Huckabee-Sanders proved to us that she is actually, genetically related to her parents, Uncle Sugar and Jetherine, when she mean-girl mocked Joe Biden for his stammer:

I’d find the tweet for you, except it seems that Elmira Gantry Huckabee-Sanders found some vestigial remnant of her soul and deleted the tweet, you know, after a certain someone shamed her:

As she was being dragged for it and before deleting it, she tried to dodge and disemble like a common 4th Reich Press secretary:

(Hat tip: Wonkette)

I will add that I still do not know what her point allegedly was because all I see is her being as mean and mocking and “Christian” as her parents.

And then Elmira gave a classic Republican apology with her trademarked wandering eye crossed, if not her fingers and certainly her ethics:

And we would say that was the end of that, but there’s always another mean girl wanting to join the popular kids table:

This entry was posted in Elmira Gantry the Possum Queen, Joe Biden, Uncle Crackers Todd Starnes. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. As I read elsewhere, it takes some real effort to be the Huckabee who is held in lower regard than the one who tortured and killed a dog.

She is, quite simply, an irredeemable asshole. Like most people in Trump’s orbit, she wasn’t degraded by her association with him; she was that way before she started…

• Astamari says:

Our family, based in MD near DC have been rehabilitating an ancient farm in the Shenandoah Valley of western VA. Beautiful area but a large number of the rural residents are Trumpers but an equally significant number, especially the Mennonites are not. (The region was populated by German and English/Scottish immigrants in the 18th century. It’s always been small farms so there’s weren’t slaves.

My point is that in places like western VA, people who would normally vote solid R are also angry about fracking because it hurts their farming, an increasing number of them organic farmers. So rural people with cultural racism and rightwing beliefs coexist with other rural people with more liberal beliefs and practices including solar power and anti-fracking.

If the Dems get smarter about rural areas and they have partly in VA (though they mainly won because of northern VA and the cities in the rest of the state) they’ll build on this very fluid rural political environment.

I think this is also true elsewhere, especially where small farmers are in danger.

• Bruce388 says:

I still have friends in the Valley from my college days there. One couple goes to a Mennonite church in Harrisonburg and when I visited in 2006, they had a photo of Chimpy McStagger on the fridge. It would have been an appetite suppressant for me.

Some people are really good at compartmentalization. They aren’t native Mennonites so maybe that explains it.

2. julesmomcat says:

“As I read elsewhere, it takes some real effort to be the Huckabee who is held in lower regard than the one who tortured and killed a dog.” Never heard of that event – elucidate?

• MDavis says:

One point, the incident had faded until Big Mike claimed that the Obama’s were crappy parents and then the story was refreshed.
      It was a Boy Scout camp thing. There seem to be conflicting explanations for what happened and why there was no investigation into the incident by state cops even though investigation was requested. I’m not going into more detail here, because some of the claims, if true, should have brought jail time for animal cruelty.
      So I’ll leave the details to Snopes:

3. donnah says:

Sarah’s a disgrace. She always has been and always will be. When she decides to run for office, I hope Democrats across the nation will donate profusely to her opponent and shame Sarah right out of politics.

However unlikely, it’s still a scenario I like to imagine.

Rebuttal Exhibit A

5. Green Eaglew says:

” I…apologize and should have made my point respectfully.”

I wonder how she could “respectfully” make the point that stuttering makes you a legitimate target of ridicule.

6. Diane says:

This ugly woman, with a face that points in two different directions at the same time, shouldn’t cast stones at others. Although, I do realize, this is a typical evangelical habit when they’re not torturing and murdering dogs.

7. angry spittle says:

Isn’t that just sweet? The Arkansow criticizing Joe for his history of stuttering.

Joe worked hard to overcome his speech problem and has. But the Arkansow will still be fat and ugly when she wakes up tomorrow.