Midday Palate Cleanser

Last time I saw that expression, Fido had just seen Old Yeller.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Dennis Cole)

This entry was posted in dogs, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. FELINE MAMA says:

“GULP! I was wondering where Little Ollie went. Hadn’t seen him all day. What’ll I do? WHAT!”

BDR – I’m so glad you remembered that, I would hate to break any statutes.

• Papa Wheelie says:

That had to be from the early 80’s. I still write ‘cat fud’ on my grocery list. All time fave. Along with ‘You call that mowing the lawn? Bad dog! No biscuit!’ and ‘First we’re going to the post office, then to the vet to get tutored!’ Ah, Gary, we miss ya.

2. Astamari says:

Fun Fact: after dogs began associating with humans tens of thousands of years ago they gradually developed a genetic trait that allowed them to have moveable eyebrows (unlike their wolf ancestors or cats for that matter), which are much more expressive than fixed brows. This was likely due to human selection of dogs with that trait helped by the fact that dogs have incredibly complex genetic structures.

Astamari –

That is fun! Explains why pugs look so worried and Scotties look so cross, and why all of my dogs always looked skeptical of my sartorial choices.

• MDavis says:

I came across a similar fun rumor (not sure if it is fact, but kinda makes sense) that the sclera of the eye being white is genetically selected because it allows indications – pointing with one’s eyes – without moving, thus not giving away the game. No noise, no larger gestures…

3. Catherine Riley says:

My dog’s eyebrows were one of the determining factors in her coming home with me. She had such a “please take me out of here!” look and those eyes were killer.