News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

I bet you’ll never guess that such a positive and affirming message for transpeople could possibly get the Xristians upset, amiright?!

Anyway, David Lane, who is the founder of American Renewal Project, is very, Very, VERY upset:

The abandonment of the public square by those holding to the Judeo-Christian faith has enabled secularism’s enchanters and warlocks to impose pagan values on the American culture over the last 100 years.

Warlocks? You mean like Uncle Arthur?

In large part the debasement of the mores and manners is the consequence of increasing secular control and misuse of the cultural levers of influence—for example, education, academia, mass media, courts, Big Business, Fortune 500, Hollywood and others. Christian spirituality and the sacred are invariably belittled, whereas sin is consistently exalted and normalized over every communication medium by corporate America’s advertising dollars.

Oh, dear. Maybe what is being belittled is yourself, you know, when you try to gin up witches and warlocks to dehumanize your fellow mankind and to rile up the orcs and minions to attack.

Sprite’s latest commercial glamorizes and idealizes transgender people—those who are troubled with the psychological difficulties of gender dysphoria. (To watch the Sprite commercial, go to youtube.com and search for “Pride – Sprite.”) [Ed. Note: He won’t deign to link to it hisself? Jeebus, what a sanctimonious scold. –TG]

It might not be so surprising since the word “sprite” denotes an enchanter, goblin or demon.

You did it again.

Look we can stop right here, of course Lane is othering an already marginalized people and calling for a boycott of Sprite (and all of Coca-Cola’s products) unless they stop affirming all people. He seems to be under the impression that the Constitution only applies to Xristians (really, he says that, taking a quote from John Adams out of context), and you know, one could never be both trans and a Xristian, so therefore, no civil rights for you.

This entry was posted in Family Values, Homophobia, Transphobia, We Don't Serve Your Kind, Xristian Xraxies, Your Kind Cannot Pee Here. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Secularism’s enchanters and warlocks? We’re not the people who believe in magic spells.

2. Redhand says:

I represent a fair number of LGBTQ folks in asylum claims in my immigration practice. The one constant I have experienced representing these clients is that none of them chose their sexual orientation. They were born with it and came to realize that they were “different” at various points in their lives.

The one thing that makes them really different is the enormous prejudice and primal hatred their orientation arouses in “straight” people who are too narrow-minded and bigoted to accept these fellow human beings for what they are. The mix is even more toxic when it is all mixed up with “God” and religion.

Bigoted assholes like David Lane make me sick.

• w3ski4me says:

I was taught at a young age that all people are equal, and I believed it. I did happen to also grow up in a city and was introduced to all kinds of people in my youth, which helped reinforce my feelings that all people are equal. I have to feel sorry for any class of human that is both hated and feared the way gay people are.
      Probably women second, the way they aren’t even allowed to control their own bodies either.
      If everyone would just mind their own business, especially about gender, we could all get around to some important stuff.
      just a saying
      w3ski

3. E.A. Blair says:

He actually said “gender dysphoria” – such a big word for such a small mind. Most people of Lane’s ilk won’t even admit there is such a thing as gender dysphoria.

4. If you don’t like someone’s gender preference….don’t have a relationship with them. It’s not really your fucking business otherwise. Seriously. It’s not like they’re gonna “fool you” into fucking them, a la the “the Crying Game”

5. MDavis says:

Seems this David Lane and his ilk have a deep-seated religious belief that they are the only actual human people. Not women, not non-Xtians, not Samaritans… no one but them.

6. julesmomcat says:

Sorry, but I have to drag this out of the vault, for Lane and his ilk, ’cause they need to face reality in their fine, upstanding Xtian hypocrisy:

“As I am wont to remind the Buy-Bull thumpers – according to their B.S. fairy-tale book, Jesus wandered around Galilee for three years, accompanied by 12 men, NO wives, girlfriends, concubines, etc. Then, at the Last Supper, he told them, “Love ye, one another, even as I have loved you.” Now, you can’t tell me none of them ever got horny during those 3 years, so the conclusion is obvious: Jesus and his disciples were all GAY.”

Hey – Love is Love, no matter with whom.