And so it ends

There are (allegedly) different camera angles and so on that capture the Republicans shocked faces that the gallery erupted in applause for Amb. Yovanovitch, and there are plenty of comments from reporters on Twitter that note that this is unusual.

I think that the 4th Reich might be realizing that they are losing the public relations battle.

Crooks and Liars has a good wrap-up.

This entry was posted in ITMFA, Quid Meets Quo Goes Pro (Ukraine). Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to And so it ends

1. I think that the 4th Reich might be realizing that they are losing the public relations battle

Sadly, this is true only in the reality-based community…

2. Redhand says:

It’s like a civics lesson, isn’t it? The applause was fantastic, and Schiff gaveling down those GOP mofos was music to my ears.

3. Diane says:

The expression on Jimmy’s face gave me goosebumps.

4. Marc McKenzie says:

To quote Ice Cube: “It was a good day”.

5. they are notably stupid and resistant. After a night of being reflective and reading David Brooks, they will come out blazing tomorrow with any number of Both Sides descriptions. Bet me some quatloos.

6. “Both Sides have cows.

7. Bruce388 says:

That spontaneous applause makes me think there’s still hope for this country.

8. donnah says:

During these times when bad news floods every waking moment, people like Ambassador Voyanivich restores some hope for justice. And if not, she proved that honesty, dignity, and backbone can prevail over even the worst criminal scum.

They all looked bad. She exposed them. I applaud her, too!

9. MDavis says:

Watching the slightly longer clip of this at C&L and I missed something. Who is the GOP tool who laid claim to charges of Republican corruption at the end,
    Mr. Chairman… Mr. Chairman… I demand a chance to explain away your disparaging statements of fact.