You cannot make this up:
— Leo Pelley (@LeoPelley) October 10, 2019
Those gentlemen are Wrong-Again Rudy’s associates, Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas, who were arrested at Dulles with one-way tickets to Vienna—where Giuliani was reportedly planning to travel tonight. They were (allegedly, according to multiple gossips on Twitter, so reliable sources!) at the Trump Hotel having farewell drinks last night.
They are totally going to challenge Steve Mnunchin for the Worst Bond Villain Ever title.
UPDATE: Look at that!
Dick and the Four Skins! https://t.co/LPB9taJFlT
— Scotch Pods Tengrain (@Tengrain) October 10, 2019
UPDATE 2: Vox email thingie has an explainer with links-
Giuliani associates’ campaign finance scheme
- New York federal prosecutors announced the arrest and indictment of two Ukrainian Rudy Giuliani associates on campaign finance charges. [Wall Street Journal / Aruna Viswanatha, Rebecca Ballhaus, Sadie Gurman, and Byron Tau]
- Using secret donations to political action committees, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman allegedly attempted to exchange a $325,000 foreign donation to America First for political influence. [NYT / Eileen Sullivan, Adam Goldman, and William K. Rashbaum]
- Their Wednesday evening arrest transpired at Dulles International Airport near Washington, DC, as both men were attempting to board a plane with one-way tickets out of the US. [Washington Post / Devlin Barrett, John Wagner, and Rosalind S. Helderman]
- Parnas and Fruman were working with Trump’s personal lawyer to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter for their involvement in Ukraine. [Politico / Ben Schreckinger, Darren Samuelsohn, Ben Lefebvre, and Caitlin Oprysko]
- The men are facing charges of conspiracy, making false statements to the Federal Election Commission, and falsifying records for allegedly attempting to “circumvent the federal laws against foreign interference by engaging in a scheme to funnel foreign money to candidates for federal and State office.” [CBS / Grace Segers and Kathryn Watson]
UPDATE 3: The WSJ confirms the location as the Trump Hotel. Who got that one on their Impeachment Bingo card?