This Has Stephen Miller’s Fingerprints All Over It

Pee Wee Hermann Goering (image credit: Twitter)

Politico tells us that President Stupid scribbled a new rule on Friday that will require immigrants to prove they can obtain health insurance before they get visas, and will deny them visas if they use Obamacare subsidies. It takes effect in November.

So let’s review: 1) Immigrants cannot be legally employed without a visa, and B) Without health insurance, Immigrants cannot have a visa, and iii) therefore without insurance (or a legal job), immigrants won’t be able to afford insurance, and as a result, will be turned away.

QED, Bitchez!

This entry was posted in immigration, racism, Stephen Miller, Pee-Wee Goering, White Punks on Dope. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to This Has Stephen Miller’s Fingerprints All Over It

1. w3ski4me says:

I am a retired senior. American born and raised. I am on Medicare and it costs me 135 bucks a month and I get co-pays on everything also.
    How in the heck is an immigrant going to afford health care, especially with no job?
    Presidential limbo again. “How low can we go”.
    I did hear though that my State, Ca. will give immigrants full-coverage healthcare now.
    My Social Security coupled with my wife’s Social Security leaves us just over the poverty line and we are denied Medi-cal help.
    w3ski

• Dennis Cole says:

W3 – I’m in pretty much the same boat, except that my fall-out with MediCal happened only this year, due to the COLA. They still pay my Medicare premiums,* but now I have a monthly share-of-cost of $ 777, on a Disability check of $1400, and they no longer cover my co-pays at Kaiser, so I tend to not make as many visits as I should, and end up waiting until it turns somewhat serious.

*I’ve paid into the Medicare fund all my working life – 40 years – believing their promise that most of my health care would be taken care of when I retired, at little or no cost, yet here we are, paying more than a tithe for 80% coverage, and responsible for the rest. And bankruptcy does not apply to medical bills, so it’s either die, or ruin your credit – at which point, who cares? I doubt if I’ll live long enough to worry about it.

• ali redford says:

I hate liking this story or these comments; I am so, so sorry (but liking is the way of the internet, it seems.) I sure wish we could turn this inhumane group out of office, and get people who will truly tend to we the peoples’s business, into office.

• R White says:

As you no doubt have seen quotes from others online, cruelty IS the point of fat nixon’s and baby goebbels’ anti-immigrant actions. Actions that conceal their ignorance, lack of respect for established norms as well as their managerial incompetence. It’s not like republicans offer any real working ideas to average americans anymore. The only way those people remain in power is to scapegoat those who cannot defend themselves as fear-based propaganda for the ignorant masses.

2. another kiwi says:

I have great sympathy for you both. What a terrible system

3. w3ski4me says:

I get all of 63 bucks over your share of cost as my payment. I had free Medicare and full Medi-Cal until I got remarried this Jan. We are 350 bucks over their combined limit for the poverty level. That doesn’t leave us enough to buy additional coverage. I already had to cancel a setup cataract surgery appointment when they dropped me. Can’t really go to any doc now, Medicare included.
    w3ski

4. Redhand says:

From my Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Assn. (AILA):

There are at least ten lawsuits seeking to enjoin the final rule and regulations.
    See, e.g., La Clinica De La Raza, et. al. v. Trump, Case No. 4:19-cv-4980-PJH
    (N.D. Cal.); State of California, et. al. v. DHS, Case No. 3:19-cv-04975 (N.D.
    Cal.); City and County of San Francisco, et. al. v. USCIS, Case No. 3:19-cv-4717
    (N.D. Cal.); Mayor and City Council of Baltimore v. Trump, Case No. ELH-18-
    3636 (D. Md.); State of Washington, et. al. v. DHS, Case No. 4:19-cv-05210 (E.D.
    Wash.).

And get this, AILA itself has

filed suit in United States District Court for the District of Columbia to ensure a workable transition over to new forms as the administration seeks to implement the public charge rule. The complaint seeks to immediately enjoin U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) from moving forward with its arbitrary and capricious plan to stop accepting the current versions of Forms I-485, I-129, I-539, I-864, and I-864EZ, if postmarked on or after October 15, 2019, despite having failed to publish necessary revised and new forms. (American Immigration Lawyers Association, et. al. v. Cuccinelli, 10/7/19)

In other words, the Agency hasn’t bothered to issue new immigration forms to reflect their (illegal) public charge regs, and because they haven’t gotten off their asses to do so they are saying that any applications filed with the old forms after 10/15/2019 will be rejected because they are on outdated forms.

Usually, they issue new forms and say you can use either until a certain cut off date. Here they are actually saying you can’t file because you are not using the forms we haven’t published yet.

This is Twilight Zone stuff, folks.

• Astamari says:

I have an adopted daughter who is also an immigrant. She came in during the last year of the Clinton Administration fortunately. She is a brilliant college senior but we have always been paranoid that DHS will find a way to make her a non-citizen.

Trump is a monster and people like you who are helping immigrants are doing God’s work. Thank you.

5. Ava Middleton says:

Same here…after having worked all my life (60 now; working papers at age 14)…now they want to charge me 1,300/ mo for health insurance…leaving me with 550.00 for the month. I think our government believes that us baby boomers are too old and tired to fight…what do you think???

6. Ava Middleton says:

Oh, and plus…I’d like to punch little stevie miller right in the throat…he has SUCH a punchable face.