Midday Palate Cleanser

No cage can hold me!

Ye scurvy dogs and deck monkeys! T’day be talk like a Pirate day, garrrgh!

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. “And I’ll keelhaul the first scurvy dog who calls me a parrr-ot!”

2. Pyed says:

Pretty impressive. He fought for his freedom using nothing but his pecker.

3. Bruce388 says:

That hole is much larger than necessary. Polly may have been proving a point. Or he/she just liked the crunch.

4. w3ski4me says:

We live in a “fire danger area” and evacuation is not unlikely in the summer. We have a Parrot that has already shown us his taste for hard plastic, but I had somehow thought a pet carrier hold him.
    Nice to know this now, ahead of time.
    You could have titled this post “a public service announcement”.
    w3ski

The PSA is that Birds Are Jerks.

• Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Oh,yeah? Let’s see you or any other anthropoid present do something similar with your bare hands, mouth parts, or any other natural equipment, Mr. Big Deal Homo sapiens!
        The whole parrot family is s.m.a.r.t., and one reason is that they can use those beaks like hands-‘n’-fingers.
        Of course, I realize that your definition of “jerk” may be your own, and not like mine, which is “obnoxious and stupid” or possibly “stupid and obnoxious”. That being mine, I will continue to defend our small-dinosaur compadres. When it comes to species-wide obnoxiouslness, I think we profiteering inventors of plastic have the title sewn up.

5. Sirius Lunacy says:

Years ago I was working at my desk with my Indian ringneck for company. I got called away for few minutes which then turned out be about a half hour. When I returned I found I no longer had any pencils. I had a little pile of wood, a little pile of rubber, five metal bands that used to hold the erasers and five perfectly intact bare pencil leads.