I’ve done caught the Axios disease! Gah!
- Walmart will stop selling handgun ammunition, which can be used in military-style weapons, and end handgun sales. Wally also requested that customers stop carrying guns in stores, even in states where open-carry is legal. Two shootings at Walmart stores this summer have left 24 people dead. We should also say thank you to Wally for stepping up when the gundamentalists and ammosexuals fail us.
- The NRA responds! ““It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America’s fundamental freedoms,” and then the NRA BLAMES THE VICTIMS: “The truth is Walmart’s actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans.”
- “DO SOMETHING, MR. MCCONNELL” — WaPo full page editorial!
- Amply be-chinned #MoscowMitch McConnell announced that he is willing to bring up for a vote any gun-control legislation that the NRA’s $100M Amero asset Prznint Stupid supports. He noted on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show Tuesday morning that he has no idea what the president would be willing to sign, and is waiting for his word, which he anticipates next week. So nicely dodged, #MoscowMitch! The NRA check is in the mail, better cash it right away!
- Meanwhile, the Justice Dept. is working on legislation that would make it easier to impose the death penalty for mass shooters, something that mass shooters are known to be terrified of and thus will act as a logical deterrent to the mentally deranged. Oh. Wait.