Midday Palate Cleanser

Look at that jerk!

(Hat tip: Bored Panda via Scissorhead Purplehead)

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. Dennis Cole says:

“I find your lack of cooperation………disturbing.”

2. Bruce388 says:

I had an ultrasonic mouse repellant that worked about as well as this device.

Proof positive that animals don’t read worth a damn.

3. That looks like a Mourning dove; dumbest jerks on the planet. They will nest anywhere including places like this:

4. tengrain says:

Oddly, we don’t have that stupid jerk bird in Seattle, but they were everywhere in California. They would throw down like 3 twigs on top of the wall outside my kitchen window where the neighborhood cat and squirrels like to commute. They are an embarrassment to birdumb.

5. Sirius Lunacy says:

Obviously she is NOT an ultrasonic bird.

6. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

Ok, mourning doves aren’t mental giants like crows or parrots. But I don’t see anything particularly stupid about those choices of nest site. They’re well up off the grouind and offer good surfaces for a bit of twig-weaving.. Not sure, but I think that, like their close relatives pigeons (aka “rock doves”) in the wild, they’re cliff-.ledge nesters.
    Years ago during a rough, cold winter, I found a mourning dove dead of exposure in my yard, huddled against a ridge of frozen snow. I picked it up and admired the subtle beauty of its markings and coloration, and the silky softness of its feathers.
    I’d take a mourning dove in the Oval Office over the current occupant any day. No harm done except maybe droppings on the carpet, and much prettier.

7. FELINE MAMA says:

“Uh, say, Jerk Human, did you pay a lot for this, thing? HA HA! Very Comfortable. Thank you. And, convenient.!”

8. Pyed says:

It kind of makes sense. Morning doves aren’t into screaming and fighting like blue jays and starlings, so nesting near a box that promises to keep other birds away might be worth a small effort to acclimatize oneself to the sound of ultrasonic repelling.

9. sleeve98 says:

Occam’s razor: there’s no power to that pole. Or the thing’s a p.o.s. But it should be noted that neither of these possibilities absolves the bird of being a jerk.

10. robginchicago says:

Yeah, I’ve been learning a lesson the hard way, that shit you buy off of Facebook/Instagram ads rarely works as advertised, if you even get the shit delivered in the first place. 😦