Never Laid Again

Yes, I’m afraid it is true: The return of Tattoo Week, as warned in prophecy! Hide the children as we reveal the ink that was best left unseen!

Be the first on your block to send a tattoo via the electrical postal system to Tengrain AT mockpaperscissors DOT com.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead @NamelessCynic on the electrical Twitter machine)

This entry was posted in Never Laid Again. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Never Laid Again

1. Spocko says:

I don’t know. I kinda like it. –Spocko

2. With that look of disdain, Mr. Spunk is not amused.

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I’m with Spocko, this is awesome!

4. Redhand says:

What part of his/her anatomy? I have the horrible feeling I’m looking at a woman’s upper legs from the rear.

On a related note, a US citizen came in yesterday to request information about sponsoring his new wife from South America. Except for his face and head, all the visible areas of his body were covered with tattoos that were, shall we say, eye-catching, A latter-day Queequeg, so to speak.

Maybe it’s my 1950s Catholic School teaching that God doesn’t like tattoos because our bodies are “temples of the Holy Spirit” and they blemish the perfection of His work, but I’ve never “gotten” tattoos, literally or figuratively. I just don’t understand them.

• I’ve never “gotten” them either. Intellectually I can pursue justifications, but viscerally it escapes me. That’s why I always think of the multitude outside the window in Life of Brian when they say “We’re all individuals!”

• Sirius Lunacy says:

I’ve never understood the need to graffiti your own body. That said, I do have three tattoos. They are only small dots though. They were used to line me up in a radiation machine. Sadly I never got the Spidey super powers that were promised.

5. ming says:

That’s a high bar you’ve set there T.G.

6. Pyed says:

Stunned is right. Spock doesn’t have freckles!

On the tattoo front: Sure a nice fresh, healed tat looks good and a well-worn, scruffy one looks cool, but there are so many things that can go wrong. A scar, an incision, an outbreak, a wrinkle, a sag, or even a knot in a muscle can turn your tat into a mess, even an embarrassment. And that doesn’t take into consideration whether a change of your conditions, or a sudden influx of maturity won’t change your mind.

If you gotta have a tat, make it a temporary tat.