Sunday Palate Cleanser

Look at this jerk stealing golf balls (from the jerks playing golf). I wonder who is having a better time, hmmm?

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Karla)

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Sunday Palate Cleanser

1. w3ski4me says:

I believe that is a Road Runner. Wiley Coyote must be close by.
    w3ski

2. julesmomcat says:

“Damn! No matter how many times I pound it on the pavement, this egg just won’t break!”

3. better use for them than GOLF.

4. FELINE MAMA says:

Normally, I would have a funny comment on this, TG, but, today I don’t have one.

5. After having raised my buddy Kevin (3 mo. old rooster) I have a whole new perspective and respect for these feathered jerks. I seriously recommend chickens and squirrels (hand-raised) as pets.
    Watching their play (and they do!) is the best therapy.

(* Kev my man goes in for the snippety-snip next week -the horny lil jerk is a psychotic pervert and foot rapist … but, other than that …*)

• Astamari says:

I raised chickens in Indonesia, which is basically where they come from (actually Malaysian jungle fowl but really the same bird). They are not only quite diverse and colorful but they have definite personalities and can actually develop pet-like affections (like dogs and cats). They like and somewhat reciprocate affection (but we’re talking small numbers here).

6. Astamari says:

I never understood why people thought that only humans had a) self-awareness and b) the ability to create, including play.

Dinosaurs existed for many millions of years before we did and all existing birds are, in fact, dinosaurs (T-Rex was in the same order). There’s not much doubt that dinosaurs had complex social relationships not just the usual carnivore/vegetarian primitive division that we have been stuck with for so long.

7. Pyed says:

Wait until he learns how much more fun can be had from the reaction to dropping the balls on the tops of those local creatures moving around carrying sticks.

8. Sirius Lunacy says:

It’s not actually a road runner, it is a black legged seriema. Small reptiles are part of their diet and they like to slam them on hard surfaces or rocks to soften them up before eating them. He’s just exhibiting natural behaviour in an unnatural setting.