Let’s review Prznint McDeal’s comments on the Fed:
- “So far I’m not even a little bit happy with my selection of Jay…. the Fed is way off base with what they’re doing.”
- “Here’s a guy—nobody ever heard of him before. And now, I made him, and he wants to show how tough he is, okay. Let him show how tough he is. He’s a—he’s a—he’s not doing a good job.”
- “The Fed has gone crazy.”
- “The Fed is going loco.”
- “The only problem our economy has is the Fed.”
- “Our Federal Reserve doesn’t have a clue.”
- “Our most difficult problem is not our competitors; it is the Federal Reserve!”
- “I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed. They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”
- “The Fed is like a powerful golfer who can’t score because he has no touch—he can’t putt!”
So after a year of bullying, the Federal Reserve Bank cut interest rates by a quarter of a percent yesterday. Usually the Fed only cuts rates when the economy is in real trouble, in an effort to try to stimulate it out of a recession or like during the Miracle Chimpy McStagger’s Economy when the Republicans and their enablers destroyed the world’s economy. In fact, The Great Recession was the last time the Fed cut interest rates.
Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said that the Fed “never take[s] into account political considerations. There’s no place in our discussions for that. We also don’t conduct monetary policy in order to prove our independence.”
And I am czar of all the russias.
Anyway, Comade Stupid doesn’t think that the cut was big enough and is already demanding more.