Midday Palate Cleanser

“First, I lull them into a false sense of security, and then BAM! It’s Fillet of Fish time, baby!”

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. w3ski4me says:

I don’t even fish anymore but I gotta say, those are some nice fishy’s.
    Eat Hearty Swan.
    w3ski

• Dennis Cole says:

Hey, W3 – I used to fish with a passion matched only by my antics in the boudoir, and to me, those look like “brood trout” in a fish farm, the ones used to perpetuate the species by “volunteering” their eggs or milt. Old age takes some getting used to, so it’s a good thing it doesn’t last too long…

• w3ski4me says:

My lady suggested they were carp. Looking at the yellow sides, she might be right.
        w3ski

• Dennis Cole says:

Upon closer examination, I’m sticking with my initial estimation. They look like German Browns, or maybe Brookies; they could even be Cutthroats, which would account for the coloration. But trout in captivity will get fat like that if fed well – and it appears that’s what’s happening here. I don’t think anyone’s explained Portion Control to that swan. It wouldn’t do much good, since it’s a swan, but you gotta start somewhere.

• Astamari says:

Swans are mainly vegetarian but very occasionally eat small fish (much smaller than these eager feeders). Really interesting video. I assume s/he is idly amusing herself/himself.

2. donnah says:

Also, another bird not being a jerk.

3. MDavis says:

“Give gramma kissies! Good fishies.”

4. Pyed says:

The video from before this how the swan chasing away the guy who was supposed to feed the fish by hissing and pecking great blue spots onto his legs.

5. Milord Cutter says:

I am amazed at a swan being…nice! All of my encounters with swans (there have been several) have been accompanied in my head with Triskelion fight music.