Midday Palate Cleanser

This is me today, probably. Keeping up with The Yutes of Today at a music festival is above my paygrade or sumpin, because I’m dragging my tail feathers.

This entry was posted in Birds Are Jerks, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. MDavis says:

So that’s why birds stick their heads under their wings!

• Pyed says:

Except that I worded it “why birds stuff their heads in their wing pits” that was my first thought, too.

2. donnah says:

That little sweetheart looks too perfect to be real.

Another darling bird that is not a jerk!

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

It’s been brutal heat wise here in NY. My one ambition is to do laundry because a lot of my shirts smell like armpit.

4. w3ski4me says:

I had a bunch of ducks once and a dog. The ducks never all slept at one time, so they were constantly on guard. They’d quack and off would go the dog, the way they would run from. Best watch animals I’ve ever had.
    Terrible on a headache day though.
    w3ski

• MDavis says:

Alarm ducks? I’ve been confronted by watch geese. I wasn’t trespassing, honestly, but if the geese thought I was it was not worth arguing. They packed and alarm and a hefty nip.
      Is it the type of headache day that a healthy nip would have helped with?

• w3ski4me says:

I had migraines back then. Hard to even hold down water at the time.
        w3ski

• MDavis says:

I’m so sorry. Those are awful. Glad to see you using past tense for it. You can stop reading this now, lest you trigger one.
        Hubby gets those sometimes and we have developed some tricks to deal. We have our house set up so that we can turn off all the white light bulbs and just use red or the black light kind. I walk by toe-braille then. Also, he has a stash of peppermints, which seem to help sometimes.

• Astamari says:

I’ve spent a lot of times in agricultural areas in a number of countries and geese everywhere are excellent “watchdogs” and, in general, really a pain in the ass (literally).

5. skinnydennis says: