Today: Little Kremlin-on-the-Potomac PSA

Bob Mueller be like…

[Sticking this up top, updated, and housekeeping notes—travel day for me! ]

Today, Mr. Mueller goes to Congress to testify! Holla!

Mr. Mueller is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. ET, and will be televised on all the cable news networks, and I bet even Fox News will have a puppet show. Oh wait, Petunia and Pals is being pre-empted! back on, so no Mueller report on State Teevee.

There are two scenarios making bank in Vegas: A) the hearing will be a total dud, because Mr. Mueller has said he won’t say anything other than his report, and 2) that the hearing will be great TV no matter what he says.

Even if Mr. Mueller just reads his report in monotone, this could be important moment because Mike Teavee, er, Prznint Stupid will be watching for sure, probably surrounded by empty Diet Coke cans and KFC buckets. The tweet storm will be EPIC, the stuff of legends in the journals of psychology, subheading 1) projection from nutjobs.

House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerrold Nadler would like to #ITMFA, thank you very much!—despite Madame Speaker—and so this hearing is kinda make-or-break for him too, also, so look for Nadler to try to get Mr. Mueller to make some damning soundbites that will play in an endless loop inside Comrade Stupid’s orange noggin!

UPDATES: Mueller threw a last-minute curve ball, requesting that his top deputy appear alongside him; Democrats agreed to his demand. The move has infuriated Republicans and Prznint Stupid, and added to the made-for-TeeVee drama.

Also, today is a travel day for me. So until I arrive, to the extent that I can with spotty wifi in airports, planes, cars, and hotels, any commentary will be in Tweets from my phone, so here’s the feed:

Come @ me!

This entry was posted in Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper, Little-Kremlin-on-the-Potomac. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Today: Little Kremlin-on-the-Potomac PSA

1. moeman says:

I predict tRUmp crashes the testimony and starts screaming Article II is mine, all mine bitches !

2. Sirius Lunacy says:

I predict Trump will crash the whole news cycle when he shoots some random person in Times Square as he promised in his last campaign. Low Barr will say there’s no reason to indict the President.

3. caterwaul says:

Ain’t gonna make one whit of difference. Mueller is a Republican. He’s not going to rattle anything or anyone. Just fuck these people.

I don’t have high hope, EXCEPT Mueller has a lot of respect for the law. If he does rattle the cage it will be for that reason only.

4. Scottie says:

Hello TG. 10 Quatloos tRump will tweet out it is all fake news and he is not watching as he live tweets on each thing said that looks bad for him. Hugs

5. donnah says:

My scenario is that the Republicans will go after Mueller personally, doing their best to damage his reputation and credibility. Their half of the Q and A won’t really deal with the Report, but rather making Mueller look bad. Look to Gym Jordan for the most absurd accusations…that’s his gig.

Mueller won’t be shaken by their attacks, I hope, but I don’t expect great revelations, as he has already declared that he can only comment on what’s already been shown. But if the Dems ask the right questions, phrased in the right way, they might get him to make a more definitive statement of what was found.

no quatloos on this bet.

6. Alison Redford says:

Well, I can’t/shouldn’t bet, because I got this from Rep. Waters Saturday on AM Joy, but I agree it’s feasible: Mr. Mueller likely won’t go beyond his report, but he will answer questions with page, section, and paragraph numbers from his report. People will hear that, and know that there are answers there.
    Well, they ought to, anyway.

7. Cynthia Marvel says:

I predict it will be same ole same ole. The rethugs will ask questions about the “Deep
    State” investigation of the investigators, and Carter Page’s FISA warrant and what about Hillary? What’s more, the Dems will not get up in Mueller’s grill about about the “kids” the money, the subpoenas the cases still twisting in the wind. The right questions will not be asked and we’ll be after all the hype, in the same place we are today. Trump will take a victory lap and scream louder “ see no collusion no obstruction. Mueller is, when all is said and done a republican. The wrong choice to investigate our criminal president

8. Pingback: Mr. Mueller Goes to Congress – FairAndUNbalanced.com

9. donnah says:

Reconciling my original bet, post-testimony. True: Gaetz, Jordan, and Gohmenrt were off their rockers, but they went after the semantics of the Report, citing ridiculous examples of language and also trying to recycle whack talking points about the Steele Dossier and Russian oligarchs. I watched most of the event and was really dismayed by how the press handled it.

Mocking Mueller’s performance was pointless. I honestly don’t understand what Democrats felt they would accomplish by shooting the messenger after he told them explicitly that he didn’t want to testify and would not go beyond the Report. And while he did stammer or falter during the questions, I thought he delivered plenty of confirmation of evidence and damning statements about the Russian interference and the major corruption of Trump. And the opening statements and first exchange between Nadler and Mueller really said it all.

So it wasn’t what some people hoped for. Take what did get said and make something happen.

10. DC Loresch says:

Dems blew it in the first session. They’re playing by Marquess of Queensberry rules, while the racists are going MMA. Guess what video clips the mouth-breathers will get from Faux.
    Nancy thinks it can’t happen here, while the fact is, it’s already happened here.