Breaking: Acosta Resigns Before Being You’re Fired’ed

Axios:

Labor Secretary Alex Acosta announced Friday that he will resign next week during an appearance with President Trump at the White House.

The big picture: Acosta has faced scrutiny over his handling of the Jeffrey Epstein case during his tenure as a federal prosecutor in Florida. Trump said that Acosta had done a “very good job” at the Labor Department.

As Axios’ Jonathan Swan reported, Trump had been mulling Acosta’s departure after his press conference defending his decisions during the Epstein case earlier this week.

• Many conservatives inside the administration didn’t view Acosta as one of them. Senior officials, including Trump’s acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, had been frustrated with Acosta for moving too slowly and softly on deregulation.

I wonder if the Labor Secretary gets the traditional cheese sandwich and a roadmap?

This entry was posted in Alex Acosta, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Breaking: Acosta Resigns Before Being You’re Fired’ed

1. ming says:

Only the finest people.

2. Redhand says:

I had noticed Judge Napolitano’s prediction that this would happen. He nailed it.

• MDavis says:

What is going on with Napolitano? I thought he was the Fox go-to lawyer because he was reliable awful. How come he;s suddenly drawing a “shall not pass” line in the last couple of months?

3. I caught some of this on the nooz this morning before I left the house. It was all NO COLLUSION NO OBSTRUCTION and how the DIMS ARE DOING NOTHING BUT HURTING PEOPLE! INFRASTRUCTURE!

If we had a media with a goddamn spine people would start calling out his lies live.

4. He wasn’t breaking everything and smearing feces on the wreckage fast enough for them.

5. MDavis says:

Doesn’t Acosta have a dead-man-switch also? Firing must be the nicest thing they can do for him, if so.

Good question. I dunno. What was in it for Acosta is really the question, right?

I am not a thriller writer, but I could imagine that maybe Acosta might be in the Epstein files or perhaps it’s more prosaic and he was bribed by a billionaire? Anyone want to speculate wildly?

• ming says:

My bet is that he was guided by political survival. I’m sure he was pressured to play ball or kiss his hopes of climbing the ladder goodbye. Money with friends in high political places talks with a big stick. Not that it excuses the fuck in anyway shape or form. He picked his ambition over providing justice to the girls that were victimized.

• MDavis says:

Assuming he’s not in the “Epstein files”, which is not a sure thing, as the prosecutor looking the case over he would have access to them, wouldn’t he? Even limited access would give him a treasure trove of compromising info on some big names, allegedly.
        What resigning gets him I don’t know – unless he’s hoping he’ll dodge the bullet he fired on himself by getting Epstein off in the first case. Things have changed recently, so he might have been banking on people continuing to not care… that-a much… about these victims. That paradigm change has gained momentum recently, taking down some previously unmolested sex pests.
        But I would still guess that resigning gets him something more than spending more time with his attorneys, er, family. Because likely dead man’s switch. Like, “don’t roll on me and I won’t roll on you”
        Huh – I just read what I’m writing here.
        This is a rats v. sinking ship situation, isn’t it?

6. buckobear says:

Another one who will bear the stain and stench of Merde de Largeo.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s