A Tubman For Your Thoughts

Well, this is certainly different:

“Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin delayed and possibly permanently derailed the process of putting Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill so President Donald Trump wouldn’t put the kibosh on the process altogether and create a public relations nightmare, the New York Times reported.”

But you know, Hair Füror has always been a big fan of Harriet Tubman… wait, what’s that you say?

Oh, and the design was already done?

But all’s well! Mnuchin’s press secretary noted plagiarist Monica Crowley, formerly of Fox News (and these things are totally related) said that the new $20 bill’s release into circulation was still on schedule for release 2030. But notably, she said nothing about whether Tubman will be on it or not.

This is such a shame. Something so simple, that would mean so much to so many people, and yet it is a bridge too far for our man-child prznint. This is another example of Trump Baby’s sycophants doing something both racist and misogynistic for him without even being told to do it, and that fellow Scissorheads is what running the country as a bidness looks like.

This entry was posted in Human typo Steve Mnuchin, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A Tubman For Your Thoughts

1. that, fellow Scissorheads, is what running the country as a bidness mob family looks like.

There. FTFY…

2. purplehead says:

I wish this fellow would restock his merch… https://www.etsy.com/shop/tubmanstamp I just asked him when he will.

3. MDavis says:

From “On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century” by Timothy Snyder

“Most of the power of authoritarianism is freely given. In times like these, individuals think ahead about what a more repressive government will want, and then offer themselves wtihout being asked. A citizen who adapts in this way is teaching power what it can do.”

4. Dennis Cole says:

So let’s demote Harriet to the “new” $2 bill, and keep Andrew on the 20. “I like Andrew, he’s a really terrific guy.” (Well, except for that being dead part, I guess.) And “Pure, political correctness.” As opposed to the impure kind, the stuff that got all contaminated, or whatever? And all these people who remain working for him, and keep supporting him no matter what, they should be referred to as “Psychophants,” and not just sycophants.

5. Scottie says:

Hello TG. The truth is tRump and crew are die hard racists. They would rather lose an arm than see a black person on the money of “their” country. However they know tRump can’t get elected to a lifetime term of office if he comes out and says that, so they do this. I wish the ones between the cult of deplorables and the Democrats would wake up and see the reality of the failed states like South Africa becoming our future. Hugs

• R White says:

Dennis, sadly that die has been cast. Our constant warmongering, bunk supply-side economic policies that never benefit anyone outside of the 1% along with a failure to invest in communities will allow nations like China to surpass us as we teeter on the brink of bankruptcy. The only two paths in front of us are continuing to elect morally bankrupt republicans that will hasten that demise or fool ourselves by electing corporate dims to slow, but not stop our irrelevance.

R White –

I agree with the gist of what you are saying, but I think you are even more cynical than I am about our choices, and that takes some doing!

Am I bitter? Like an aspirin.

Here’s where I will use the Liberal superpower of memory: in the 2016 Goat Rodeo the Left’s burn it all to the ground caucus stayed home when Bernie did not get the nomination, and the Right’s burn it all to the ground caucus showed up and won, and now we have an existential threat to whatever we claim to be a democracy.

I used to be a Puritopian and felt (for a while) that Dubya was what the Dim’s deserved for not being pure enough, and then it all went to hell. I will add that it was white male privilege, I did not consider how other people would be impacted; I knew I would be OK and up until the financial crisis, this was largely true; I got my comeuppance then!

I have a Twitter friend who is a med in the emergency room. My friend says that the rule he lives by is to keep the patient breathing, everything else is secondary until you can figure out what needs to be done. To the degree that the Dims are keeping the patient breathing, I’m OK with that.

6. Redhand says:

But all’s well! Mnuchin’s press secretary noted plagiarist Monica Crowley, * * * *

OMFG, I did not realize she wormed her way into the Administration “after plagiarism took down Monica Crowley, Trump’s pick for a top national security post.”

On reflection, why am I surprised?

• R White says:

Plagiarism is only a thing for actual writers, you know those of the liberal persuasion who have original thoughts that challenges one’s point of view. Not some collection of empty platitudes created over coffee and doughnuts by Frank Luntz and the Heritage Foundation.

How else would Mann Coulter receive accolades and wingnut welfare for shoddy work if she were not the right-wing, queen of plagiarism?

You can pretty much bet that the Cherokee Nation does not like his understanding of Political Correctness. He obviously has no compassion for them either.