‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg (Part Infinity)

Comrade Faceberg

Oh, this isn’t going to end well for Faceberg:

“Facebook chief Mark Zuckerberg reached out to Speaker Pelosi. She hasn’t called him back”

“Pelosi’s decision not to engage with Zuckerberg, one of the most powerful technology executives in the world, reflects her frustration with how Facebook handled a manipulated video clip of remarks by the speaker, said the people, who were not authorized to speak publicly.

“According to the people familiar [with] the matter, Pelosi has not been eager to hear Zuckerberg’s explanation for the company’s actions. The impasse between the nation’s most powerful Democratic lawmaker and the social media titan highlights broader tensions within the Democratic Party about Facebook and the company’s efforts to counter both foreign interference in elections and the spread of viral lies and blatant falsehoods.”

As the question of breaking up “internet power-user” Mark Faceberg’s empire is being debated, that Jackass-burger (see what I did there?) might think twice about pissing off the most powerful woman in the Congress.

Hey, remember when Pelosi said this, Mark:

“We have said all along, ‘Poor Facebook, they were unwittingly exploited by the Russians.’ I think wittingly, because right now they are putting up something that they know is false. I think it’s wrong. They’re lying to the public.… I think they have proven—by not taking down something they know is false—that they were willing enablers of the Russian interference in our election.”

The 2020 Goat Rodeo contenders have called for regulation of Facebook and some have already demanded FB (and others!) be broken up. (Hi Sen. Prof. Warren!)

The FTC and the DOJ are both investigating FB, and the House’s antitrust subcommittee said it would conduct an investigation into tech that is “stifling competition and putting consumers at risk.”

And you know, Eiron, the Goddess of Irony was enjoying herself when Pelosi used social media to announce it just last week:

So, you see, Mark, instead of being a jerk, you might want to think about who you are jerking.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Elizabeth Warren, Facebook or Faceberg, Social Media, The Death of the Social Media. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to ‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg (Part Infinity)

1. He’s a total Silicon Valley Libertardian Techbro Master of the Fucking Universe, he don’t have to listen to no “mere” woman. Ain’t NOBODY is the boss of HIM!

2. Astamari says:

Faceberg is the ultimate anti-social android who needs to be stomped into oblivion, frankly before he f*cks up the 2020 election too.

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I’ve never had a Facebook account. The platform is so universally hated, why do people still use it? Oddly enough, MySpace still exists.

• Dennis Cole says:

I’ve been having a pretty good time on FB for almost 10 years now, and I wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t at least a bit fun, and funny. I’ve been VERY selective about choosing my friends, and I got wise as to how to best utilize the tools they give you, to help protect you from unwanted intrusions, or unwelcome comments and all the rest of the complaints I’ve heard over the years.

And now they’re employing a new variation of their algorithm, in which they “bundle” your closest friends, or those you respond to, or those who respond to your posts, into what they like to think of as a “close-knIt group,” where everyone’s happy all the time, and no one bitches about anything or anyone, and suddenly IT’S A PERFECT PLANET!

So I seem to have picked up my very own band of “spitballers,” who tend to like what I share, and are quite encouraging, as far as what I say and do. And yes, I’ve heard my share or horror stories, but since it hasn’t happened to me yet, I’ll continue on.

• Well some of MySpace still exists… https://mashable.com/article/myspace-data-loss/

As for FB, I’m with Dennis, I spend little time on it, and only have a few friends. most of my social media is places like Ten’s joint here, where 🎵…everyone knows your nym…🎶

• Bruce388 says:

I’ve been lucky to reconnect with some people from my past, although several have disconnected, probably because they’re Trumpers. There are some great cartoons and articles. 15 minutes a day is my limit.

• Dennis Cole says:

Aw jeeeeeezuzzz. Is there perhaps a 12-Step Program for for people who spend more than 5 – 6 hours on FB? Can it even be considered an addiction?
        (Asking for a friend)

4. That twitfaced toddler should be myspaced into a corner and somehow class-actioned into bankruptcy.

5. Oneofthebobs says:

I wish my mother could see this. Speaker Pelosi is managing this boy like only a mother could.

6. Pingback: ‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg (Part Infinity) | Mock Paper Scissors

7. Dennis Cole says:

And for your further edutainment, I’m gonna confess to the fact that 90% percent of what I submit to ‘Grain – of which a small selection he deems worthy of inclusion – comes from my FB Home Page News Feed. They figured out early on that I like weird shit, and I have a LOT of weird friends, and we all kinda like the same weird shit, so they produce for me!
    And it’s not like I have to worry about Identity Theft, or my data being somehow “compromised,” or used malevolently against me. I remember the one time I lost my wallet, and got completely freaked out about financial ruination, even though I only had $ 10 Ameros in it, and maxed-out credit cards. But! No more than two days later, my wallet reappeared in a large envelope in my mailbox,along with the ORIGINAL $10 Ameros, along with an EXTRA $20!!1!
    And a short note that said, “Dude, you’re doing WAY worse than I am, so I figured you could use an extra sawbuck. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s