We Need Better Messaging To Get Through

(Thanks to Crooks and Liars)

Look, this is what we are up against, and as much as I usually say eff-em to the cultists, the problem is that not enough Americans are engaged in what is happening. We’ve talked about the poll numbers before, and it is not just Possum Hollar.

The Russian Usurper keeps screaming EXONERATED and NO COLLUSION and HOAX, and it is sticking, and our long-winded, fact-based replies are bouncing off of everyone or more accurately never heard.

Anyway, I would like to urge everyone to read this piece by David Frum (I know, Hell just froze over) as he states clearly and concisely:

A foreign power interfered in the U.S. election to help the Trump campaign. The Trump campaign welcomed the help and repeatedly lied about it. The lying successfully obscured some questions the investigation sought to answer; in the end, it found insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy. President Trump, in public and in private, worked to stop the investigation.

And as a follow-up, please read this piece from Dan Pfeiffer on Crooked Media: A PLAN TO WIN THE IMPEACHMENT FIGHT:

Donald Trump has abused his power to hide multiple crimes and massive corruption. He has used the Presidency to punish his enemies, reward his friends, and enrich himself at the expense of the American people. No one is above the law, not even a rich politician.

While I think the Mueller report is the pathway to get us to start impeachment, I think Pfeiffer is very smart to frame it as not being solely about the Mueller report. I think people who are inclined to believe the shrieking from the White House might hear a different focus, um, differently.

This entry was posted in ITMFA. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to We Need Better Messaging To Get Through

1. Dennis Cole says:

Another area where the Dims have remained silent is Mitch the Bitch, and his heavy-handed dictatorial leadership of the Senate. Over 100 bills have been debated on, and then passed by the House, and then they’ve gone on to just gather dust on McTurdhole’s desk. He is absolutely refusing to do his job, and should be impeached ASAP, but where are the howls of outrage from our side?
    To me, to be silent is to be complicit, and to finish, might I add that we can’t expect a criminal president to preside over free and fair elections, especially after having shown us his disdain for them, and his refusal to ensure it won’t happen again.

• R White says:

What’s even more enraging is whenever Schumer and the corporate senate dims foolishly accepts the chinless one’s list of Federalist Society judges to ram through with nothing more than a feeble promise to pass such legislation when everyone with a pulse knows mitch the b*tc(h) never keeps his word.

The clintonian strategy of Pelosi, Hoyer and Schumer that continues to take progressives, especially AA women for granted while continually working in a meek ‘what if’ effort with the investigations, enforcing subpoenas and impeachment so as to not possibly offend rural independent whites who never vote democratic is very much a temptation to get me and others to not vote if they cannot do their duties when handed majorities. There are no real leaders in this country anymore, just a loose association of sociopathic grifters, tone-deaf corporate thieves, theocratic loonies and racist trash playing the roles of statesmen.

RWhite –

Not voting is what got us here, and it is exactly what the Republicans want, or why would they be banking on voter suppression and gerrymandering?

Abstenance is highly overrated, and purity protests give them the green light.

2. YellowDog says:

I suggest trepanning. They say sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Thanks Yellowdog, that was a new word for me! Adding it to the vocab list.

• Dennis Cole says:

“There is a crack in everything.
        That’s how the light gets in.”

― Leonard Cohen, Selected Poems, 1956-1968

And howz aboutz another musical interlude? (Except with Leonard, you almost need a Quaalude, to get you thru the interlude.):

• Dennis Cole says:

TG –

Besides, as well – be suspicious of anyone who tells you the first one’s free!

• MDavis says:

Really? Trepanning has been around forever, er, for centuries. The Incans used to do it.
        I used to watch a lot of PBS, back when the History Channel was just a glimmer in Ted Turner’s eye.

3. MDavis says:

There has to be ways to get this out.
    Keep message short – answer questions later.
    Examples:
    “Trump is screwing us all. Ask me how. ”
    “Trump is so crooked that Nixon is jealous”
    “My RICO! I just met a pol worth my Rico!”

• MDavis says:

… long version:

There has to be ways to get this out.
      Item 1: Don’t try to convince everyone. You never will. (fun fact – we once had a mayoral election in a very small town in Washington. One of the candidates had sold her property in the town under false colors, arranging for a friend to misrepresent the zoning to a buyer. The winner (not her) wasn’t much better as it turns out. Took payoffs. In flesh. )
      Item 2: Anyone from the upper crust (fun fact: that is something found on the top of septic tanks) won’t care. They can buy their way out of any trouble Trump causes – they think – and Trump’s tax take-over just gives them more money to work with.
      Item 3: If you’ve read this far, you have exceeded the attention limits of a lot of the people you are talking to. When you have two or three jobs or no safe or steady place to stay, there isn’t a lot of resource left over for politics. Ask Maslow.
      Item 4: Most people have had bosses this bad. There is a tie in. Most people personally know a narcissist. Some even well enough to have discovered what a pain in the butt they are. Some of those with enough distance to have made some recovery, so they are no longer trying to make it work somehow with copy cats (Ask Alice Miller, psych)
      Let’s, I had a point – what was it. (See? I do it, too)
      Oh! Slogans!
      How do you distill this down?
      First, keep it very short. Two sentences? Too long. Keep the longer version for after a response. For example:
      “Trump screwed us all. Ask me how.”
      Now, If I can think through this, what is going on with the Democrats in the election committees?
      I suspect that they ignore too many people who have been ground down by life, which tells me that they have not been ground. (Fun fact: I run into this on many blog sites. I toss out something about what it is like to have very little in the way of [money, support, time, energy] and end up feeling like an idiot of a nut job. Wait – I have mis-stated. I used to run into this on many blog sites. I now keep it to myself.)
      Point is, Dems are hoping to get support from somewhat disadvantaged people who need the government to do its job instead of finding more ways to funnel money to rich people. Here’s a free sample. “when we get into office, help us. We”ll have a hell of a mess to clean up, and you all know it. Then we can get to making things better for everyone.” Save further comments for responses. I have a hard time waiting for the questions, tending to put the answers to what I would ask out there before I find out what others would ask. That’s how I know it’s a mistake.

4. MDavis says:

If your “conservative news” is delivering lies, they are neither news nor conservative.