RIP, Grumpy Cat

It’s hard to say goodbye to the face that launched 1,000 memes. I checked, and indeed I made a few over the years, too/also.

Anyway, Grumpy Cat, born Tarder Sauce, was 7, died of a urinary tract infection. Her death made headlines in the NYTimes, “Grumpy Cat, Internet Celebrity With a Piercing Look of Contempt, Is Dead at 7” — and a celebrity obits don’t get much better headlines than that. Too soon, too soon.

This entry was posted in cats, Dead Celebrities. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to RIP, Grumpy Cat

1. FELINE MAMA says:

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Seven is way too young. My beloved Fred was seven when he succumbed to cancer.

3. Mary Ellen Sandahl says:

I didn’t follow Tarder Sauce’s career, but her inimitable visage obviously spoke to a lot of people and promoted laughter.
    A big explosion of comment outrage over at Crooks & Liars because one of the Fox & Friends riffed on the fact that “Grumpy Cat” is now dead and the studio audience found it very funny.

4. w3ski4me says:

We had a cat with the same back problem in the mid 80s’. The local vet replumbed him to pee out a new orifice at the rear. Saved the cats life but totally destroyed his dignity. He died of old age at about 20.
    w3ski

5. julesmomcat says:

Awww! So sad! BUT – I have Grumpy Cat, a 6″ tall stuffed dupli-CAT, affixed by Velcro, sitting in the rear window of my Sentra, grumping at whomever is behind me in traffic. PURR-fect!

6. To Tardar Sauce, and the joy she brought (and brings) to so many, “salut”

7. paul fredine says:

apparently it was also the source of great laughter over at fox. well, when you can brush off caging kids i guess laughing at the death of a mere cat is to be expected.